Mickey

Default Wakeboard Questions.....

Hey Matt

My kids bought me a O'Brian Double Ender for fathers day 7 years ago when I
turned 40 I'm not sure of the length though. I'm a big guy at 250 plus and
though I dam near drank the lake but I fooled the kids and I learned how to
get up on that board. Then I wanted a new toy so I bought a Hyperlite Phatty
which I think is the biggest board they make and it's the caddy for big guys
and beginners. I have the O'Brian Morph bindings so several riders can share
the same board but two of them have failed so far and O'Brian doesn't have
spare parts which ****ed me off at $160 a pop! You don't need the $50,000
boats with the big towers we wakeboard behind a small 16' trihull with a
85hp motor. I picked up one of those four foot ski pylons from West Marine
and they work fantastic for both kneeboarding and wakeboarding behind a
small boat. For the big air the bigger the better on the wakes though. I'm
putting in a 100 hp motor this spring as the old Mercury died of old age
last year, can't wait to be out on the lake again.

"Matt" wrote in message
I'm planning on purchasing a wakeboard. (i'm about 155-160 lbs) Beg/Inter

at
wakeboarding. I have been looking at the 140-143cm boards... I see they
state starting at 160lbs any suggestions...

Board I'm looking at is the Hyperlite Vero 143 with Spin or Split

bindings.

Also any good wakeboards forums / boards?