Rod McInnis

Default Wakeboard Questions.....

"Matt" wrote in message
I'm planning on purchasing a wakeboard. (i'm about 155-160 lbs) Beg/Inter

at
wakeboarding. I have been looking at the 140-143cm boards... I see they
state starting at 160lbs any suggestions...

If you can, ride before you buy.

My first board was one that a friend gave to us. It was okay for an
introduction. I took my son to a local pro for lessons, and he had a
chance to demo a few "shop" boards and fairly quickly moved up to a much
better board.

That board lasted a couple of years, but then he went from ~150 pounds to
~170 pounds and the board was too small. At the end of the season, we rented
a few demo boards from a couple of different local shops and tried them out.
One weekend: do a run with this board, stop, change the same bindings to a
different board, repeat the run.

We ended up with a board that my son and I both liked. The money spent on
the rental was well worth it, plus the shop we bought from applied 50% of
the rental towards the purchase.

We kept the original board with sandal bindings for teaching first time
beginners.
The second board has been handed down to my daughter

Rod