Jim Carter

Default Is Vesuvius open in the winter?

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
freezing.
Well dip****, you have no humor, and our Governor can most likely kick

your
governor's ass, and our Gov does have a much better looking wife than you

or
your governor does. And since I get a large bunch of money from my oil
company investments, as well as one of my career options in early life was
geologist I know a lot about oil and supply sources.
Bill

Well Bill, you still don't know much about Canada or you would know that we
don't have a Governor.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Shiver Me Timbers

Calif Bill wrote:

Well dip****, you have no humor,

Pray tell.... Just what humour was in your quoted comment....

And if you guys had gone to Iraq, you might have fuel.

our Governor can most likely kick your
governor's ass,

How little you know about your neighbour to the north.

YOU have a governor..... WE have a Premier.

our Gov does have a much better looking wife than you or
your governor does.

Yahhh that may be right but OUR Premier can lick the icecubes
out of a highball glass.

I know a lot about oil and supply sources.

Then tell us everything you know about the Athabasca tar sands.
Shiver Me Timbers

Calif Bill wrote:

BC Power was one of those suppliers, who jacked up the rates
sky high when our legislature screwed up
the electrical industry here.
Bill

So we should be responsible for YOUR legislature's poor government.

Funny WE Canuckians have never asked YOU to be responsible
for OUR poor government.
Calif Bill

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

Well dip****, you have no humor,

Pray tell.... Just what humour was in your quoted comment....

And if you guys had gone to Iraq, you might have fuel.

our Governor can most likely kick your
governor's ass,

How little you know about your neighbour to the north.

YOU have a governor..... WE have a Premier.

our Gov does have a much better looking wife than you or
your governor does.

Yahhh that may be right but OUR Premier can lick the icecubes
out of a highball glass.

I know a lot about oil and supply sources.

Then tell us everything you know about the Athabasca tar sands.

The tar sands cost too much to extract the oil to be competitive with Middle
East oil. Costs to get the steam to inject. And Canada does have a
Governor. Actually a Govenor General. You should have paid more attention
in school.

Jim Carter

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
..
Canada does have a Governor. Actually a Govenor General. You should have

paid more attention
in school.

Bill, you are still showing your lack of knowledge of Canada. The
Governor-General is the Queen of England's representative in Canada. She
has no power in the running of the Canadian Parliament.

Our Provincial Government has a Premier which is similar to your State
Governor.

You should pay more attention. It would be better for you to remain silent
and be thought of as a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Jim Carter

Jim Carter

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
Something about extortion, etc. Maybe we ought to jack up tariffs on any

of
your Canadian product if you **** us off. Starting with dimensional

lumber
2x4's.
Bill

Bill, Your Federal Government has already done that. Pay attention.

Jim Carter

Calif Bill

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
.
Canada does have a Governor. Actually a Govenor General. You should

have
paid more attention
in school.

Bill, you are still showing your lack of knowledge of Canada. The
Governor-General is the Queen of England's representative in Canada. She
has no power in the running of the Canadian Parliament.

Our Provincial Government has a Premier which is similar to your State
Governor.

You should pay more attention. It would be better for you to remain

silent
and be thought of as a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Jim Carter

Actually new you had Premiers. But same as a governor. You still need to
get a humor (Humour) bone.

Don White

We also have a Lieutenant Governor in each province to represent the Crown.
Ours lives in the oldest 'Executive Mansion' in North America.......because
a Brit Army marshalled here went down and burned your original 'White House'
Bottom line...don't mess with us. :-)
see *** http://lt.gov.ns.ca/inner/main.html ***

Calif Bill wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:25:37 +0000, Jim Carter wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news:_KPVb.20949 I thought you meant the volcano. I never heard of

them
turning it off
during the winter. And if you guys had gone to Iraq, you might have

fuel.

Hi Bill:
If you knew anything about Canada, you might know that we have more

than
enough fuel and we sell our extra supplies to the good old USA.

Don't tell them THAT! They'll be invading us next (bad enough then Calif
was going to invade us for our electricity...)

Lloyd

I guess Jim had his Humor surgically removed under the socialized medical
system after a 10 year wait for a hospital appointment. As to invade for
electricity, might have been a good idea. BC Power was one of those
suppliers, who jacked up the rates sky high when our legislature screwed

up
the electrical industry here.
Bill

Lloyd Sumpter

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:11:47 +0000, Chuck Bollinger wrote:

Vesuvius is one of our favorite places. Many years ago it was a pub with decent
food. Now it is a restaurant with good food. We've not been there in the
winter, and most of our meals have been enjoyed out on the deck, but I'll bet
it's pretty cozy inside.

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.

I'll give it a try, and if it is closed, I'll scoot back to Telegraph Hbr,
which is one of my favourite haunts.

Lloyd

Winter surfing anyone? Don White General 4 February 10th 04 02:39 PM
Some chilling thoughts on winter boating. Mad Dog Dave General 0 January 15th 04 11:28 PM
winter wrap Charles Brown General 4 November 11th 03 12:32 AM
winter storage are David Ditch General 4 November 10th 03 01:38 PM
(OT) And for the open minded clear thinkers Capt. Frank Hopkins General 1 September 4th 03 06:42 PM