Clams Canino

Default Is Vesuvius open in the winter?

OK then. You're next. EG

-W

"Jim Carter" wrote in message news:BgQVb.48755

If you knew anything about Canada, you might know that we have more than
enough fuel and we sell our extra supplies to the good old USA.

John Wentworth

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message Then tell us
everything you know about the Athabasca tar sands.

I know that Lloyd had better not wait in port to fill Far Cove with fuel
from there. And what ever happened to his question about the Vesuvius Bar?

Funny, the most complaints about Canada I've heard came from Canadians, but
they sure didn't want to hear any from the USA. Oh well, I guess it's that
way here also.
Of course, Canadians would have no reason to complain about the USA They
must like the place, they all live a few miles from our border. Maybe just
trying to keep an eye on us. Tell you what, in the interest of international
goodwill ,we'll trade you Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson for Celine
Dion and 10 cases of Molson, straight up. In fact, you can keep Celine,
send the Molson.....

Shiver Me Timbers

Calif Bill wrote:

Costs to get the steam to inject.

What steam is that Bill.... The two operating oil sands plants in
Northern Alberta produce hundreds of thousands of barrels per day
and they dig it out of the ground in an open pit operation.

http://www.syncrude.com/

http://www.suncor.com/bins/index.asp

Since you already pay your ISP a monthly fee to be on the internet Bill
why don't you click on the two above links and get yourself a free
education.

You should have paid more attention in school.

Others in this thread have pointed out your lack of knowledge
far better than I ever could.

Bill when it come to anything beyond your borders I would dare say
that you are dumber than a stump.
Shiver Me Timbers

John Wentworth wrote:

In fact, you can keep Celine, send the Molson.....

Nah.... You keep her.

Celine has become a good little American and I seriously doubt if she
thinks of Canada as anything more than a place she once lived in.

Enjoy the Molsons millions of Canadians do.
Jack Dale

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:02:51 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news Looking for a "different" destination once my new engine is running. I
hear the bar at Vesuvius (on Saltspring Island) is worth a visit - is it
open year-round, or does it close for the winter? Is there a dock there?
Can I anchor?Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - new engine in, waiting for fuel and water...

Hi Lloyd: Try this www.mobyspub.com/pub.html

Moby's is in Ganges, on the other side of the island. If you are
going to Moby's have a beer and a Lamburgini ( a great burger made
with lamb and chutney) for me. I will not be out until May.

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

Jack Dale

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:58:47 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:11:47 +0000, Chuck Bollinger wrote:

Vesuvius is one of our favorite places. Many years ago it was a pub with decent
food. Now it is a restaurant with good food. We've not been there in the
winter, and most of our meals have been enjoyed out on the deck, but I'll bet
it's pretty cozy inside.

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.

I'll give it a try, and if it is closed, I'll scoot back to Telegraph Hbr,
which is one of my favourite haunts.

If you have not been to Chemanius lately, they have a great little
city marina with a very friendly wharfinger.

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

John Wentworth

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Celine has become a good little American and I seriously doubt if she
thinks of Canada as anything more than a place she once lived in.
Enjoy the Molsons, millions of Canadians do.

It would be interesting to know if she pays Canadian income tax on the
megabucks she makes in Las Vegas.
What ever happened with this story:
"Canada's National Energy Board has estimated that it takes 50 barrels of
conventional crude output to generate 1 tonne of carbon dioxide, while just
eight barrels of oil sands output will produce the same quantity of
greenhouse gases. The Kyoto fear-factor has extended to other U.S.-based
independents who have recently entered the Canadian market."

Bert Robbins

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

BC Power was one of those suppliers, who jacked up the rates
sky high when our legislature screwed up
the electrical industry here.
Bill

So we should be responsible for YOUR legislature's poor government.

Funny WE Canuckians have never asked YOU to be responsible
for OUR poor government.

But, we protected you from the Soviets for quite a few years or was it that
we used you as a buffer zone?

Bert

Shiver Me Timbers

In article , Bert Robbins
wrote:

But, we protected you from the Soviets for quite a few years or was it that
we used you as a buffer zone?

Really.... So when Nikita Kruschev banged his shoe at the
United Nations he was really ticked at those pesky Canadians
using their superior technology for overflying Russia in
their low flying stealthy spy Beavers.

Thats Beaver the airplane of course, not to be confused with
the other Canadian beaver... the little four footed rodent with big
teeth.

And of course all those missiles in Cuba were really pointed at such
Canadian hotspots like Dawson Creek, Okotoks, North Battleford,
Timmins, Scheffervile, and Deer Lake.

Why that must be why large chunks of our Northern regions are still
polluted with the remnants of the now abandoned Dew Line.
Harry Krause

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

In article , Bert Robbins
wrote:

But, we protected you from the Soviets for quite a few years or was it that
we used you as a buffer zone?

Really.... So when Nikita Kruschev banged his shoe at the
United Nations he was really ticked at those pesky Canadians
using their superior technology for overflying Russia in
their low flying stealthy spy Beavers.

Thats Beaver the airplane of course, not to be confused with
the other Canadian beaver... the little four footed rodent with big
teeth.

There's nothing scarier than a beaver with big teeth...

--
Email sent to is never read.

Winter surfing anyone? Don White General 4 February 10th 04 02:39 PM
Some chilling thoughts on winter boating. Mad Dog Dave General 0 January 15th 04 11:28 PM
winter wrap Charles Brown General 4 November 11th 03 12:32 AM
winter storage are David Ditch General 4 November 10th 03 01:38 PM
(OT) And for the open minded clear thinkers Capt. Frank Hopkins General 1 September 4th 03 06:42 PM