Chuck Bollinger

Default Is Vesuvius open in the winter?

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:11:47 +0000, Chuck Bollinger wrote:

Vesuvius is one of our favorite places. Many years ago it was a pub with decent
food. Now it is a restaurant with good food. We've not been there in the
winter, and most of our meals have been enjoyed out on the deck, but I'll bet
it's pretty cozy inside.

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.

I'll give it a try, and if it is closed, I'll scoot back to Telegraph Hbr,
which is one of my favourite haunts.

Lloyd

Strangely, not one of mine. Might I suggest just going across to Chemainus?
The marina has been excellent for a couple of years, run by a most friendly and
competent wharfinger, Harlan Bootsma. The town has plenty of facilities and
good natured people.

Wherever you go, it's hard not to find a place to enjoy in that area. Best wishes,

Chuck

Lloyd Sumpter

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:20:31 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:25:37 +0000, Jim Carter wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news:_KPVb.20949 I thought you meant the volcano. I never heard of

them
turning it off
during the winter. And if you guys had gone to Iraq, you might have

fuel.

Hi Bill:
If you knew anything about Canada, you might know that we have more than
enough fuel and we sell our extra supplies to the good old USA.

Don't tell them THAT! They'll be invading us next (bad enough then Calif was
going to invade us for our electricity...)

Lloyd

I guess Jim had his Humor surgically removed under the socialized medical system
after a 10 year wait for a hospital appointment. As to invade for electricity,
might have been a good idea. BC Power was one of those suppliers, who jacked up
the rates sky high when our legislature screwed up the electrical industry here.
Bill

(It's "BC Hydro", or more correctly, "Powerex")

Hey, you guys invented the Free Enterprise system: "Charge what the market will
bear"

Lloyd

Bert Robbins

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
In article , Bert Robbins
wrote:

But, we protected you from the Soviets for quite a few years or was it

that
we used you as a buffer zone?

Really.... So when Nikita Kruschev banged his shoe at the
United Nations he was really ticked at those pesky Canadians
using their superior technology for overflying Russia in
their low flying stealthy spy Beavers.

You money has pictures of animals, for the most part, you planes are named
after animals. Why not the stealth beaver. What is it with you Canadians and
animals?

Thats Beaver the airplane of course, not to be confused with
the other Canadian beaver... the little four footed rodent with big
teeth.

I flown in Beavers, Otters, and Caribou's. I was riding in a Caribou once
when at about 9000 feet it popped a jug on the right engine. The pilots
feathered the prop on the right engine and we kept climbing to 14000 feet
and me and 45 of my friends got out when they lowered the tail gate. Have
you ever seen a Caribou try and land, the damn things just want to stay in
the air.

And of course all those missiles in Cuba were really pointed at such
Canadian hotspots like Dawson Creek, Okotoks, North Battleford,
Timmins, Scheffervile, and Deer Lake.

Huh, never heard of any of them.

Why that must be why large chunks of our Northern regions are still
polluted with the remnants of the now abandoned Dew Line.

Polluted with the remnants of the Dew Line. What pollution, they were early
warning radar sites?

Thanks
Bert

Lloyd Sumpter

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:42:35 +0000, John Wentworth wrote:

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message Then tell us
everything you know about the Athabasca tar sands.

I know that Lloyd had better not wait in port to fill Far Cove with fuel from
there. And what ever happened to his question about the Vesuvius Bar?

Yeah...!
Actually, it was answered more or less on another branch.

Funny, the most complaints about Canada I've heard came from Canadians, but they
sure didn't want to hear any from the USA. Oh well, I guess it's that way here
also.

Yup! Ya otta hear us WestCoasters complain about the feds - almost as bad as you
guys and "the Chimp"...

Of course, Canadians would have no reason to complain about the USA They must
like the place, they all live a few miles from our border. Maybe just trying to
keep an eye on us. Tell you what, in the interest of international goodwill
,we'll trade you Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson for Celine Dion and 10
cases of Molson, straight up. In fact, you can keep Celine, send the Molson.....

"We'll give you Alan Thicke, but Shania Twain is ours!"

Actually, you can have Celine. Free. Take her. Please. And how much money do you
want to keep JT and JJ? We'll be fine with Shania and Rick Mercer (And you can
keep Rick Fox if you give us back Steve Nash!)

Lloyd

Shiver Me Timbers

Bert Robbins wrote:

Polluted with the remnants of the Dew Line. What pollution, they were early
warning radar sites?

Everything had to be brought in from gas, oil, lubricants, food to
toilet paper...... Very little of it got taken out.

Most of those sites are classified a hazardous because of all the
polutants that remain. That's one of our dirty little secrets.

Calif Bill

They use steam injection also. Takes a lot of the profit out of the oil.
We also use it here for old wells.
Bill

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

Costs to get the steam to inject.

What steam is that Bill.... The two operating oil sands plants in
Northern Alberta produce hundreds of thousands of barrels per day
and they dig it out of the ground in an open pit operation.

http://www.syncrude.com/

http://www.suncor.com/bins/index.asp

Since you already pay your ISP a monthly fee to be on the internet Bill
why don't you click on the two above links and get yourself a free
education.

You should have paid more attention in school.

Others in this thread have pointed out your lack of knowledge
far better than I ever could.

Bill when it come to anything beyond your borders I would dare say
that you are dumber than a stump.

Calif Bill

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
[...]

You needed a new engine. We should have charged you more!
Bill

Jack Dale

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:03:09 GMT, Chuck Bollinger
wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
[...]

I thought his name was Harmen Bootsma.

Regardless - he wins my vote as best wharfinger. Shall we have a
poll?

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

Pat Fusk

Bottom line re all the above, 'it's been a long winter, cabin fever setting in'

Calif Bill wrote:

And if you guys had gone to Iraq, you might have fuel.

What makes you think we don't - dip****.

About 400 miles north of where I live there's probably more oil sitting
in the ground than in some of those middle east countries your fellow
citizens are dying in today.

If the Province of Alberta shut of natural gas exports to such places
as the state of new york.... your fellow americans would be freezing.

Your female groping governor is probably trying to make a deal right
now to ensure there is enough electrical energy flowing from Canada
next summer to keep your sorry ass comfortably cool.

Huesta la Vista Baby...... Eh

Well dip****, you have no humor, and our Governor can most likely kick your
governor's ass, and our Gov does have a much better looking wife than you or
your governor does. And since I get a large bunch of money from my oil
company investments, as well as one of my career options in early life was
geologist I know a lot about oil and supply sources.
Bill

Winter surfing anyone? Don White General 4 February 10th 04 02:39 PM
Some chilling thoughts on winter boating. Mad Dog Dave General 0 January 15th 04 11:28 PM
winter wrap Charles Brown General 4 November 11th 03 12:32 AM
winter storage are David Ditch General 4 November 10th 03 01:38 PM
(OT) And for the open minded clear thinkers Capt. Frank Hopkins General 1 September 4th 03 06:42 PM