Don White

Default OT--An interesting piece on Bush

Doug Kanter wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:53:28 -0600, Messing In Boats
wrote:

Since we in the US appear to have decided to be rulers of
the universe, let's elect John Kerry, a real veteran and war hero, as
our commander-in-chief.

Yup, an admitted baby-killer and traitor marching under the North
Vietnamese flag.

What a putz.

Would you care to back up those statements? Or, did you have a liquid

lunch
today?

Probably more like a 'powdered one'!

DSK

Doug Kanter wrote:

If the president's assumptions disagreed with the GAO's by a little, I could
agree with you. But, Bush's are WAY the hell out of whack. They're
completely disconnected from reality. If your wife handled money like Bush,
you'd have her head examined.

It's like the old saying, if one man says he sees a dog and the other says he
sees a cat, they can discuss what kind of animal it really is. If one man sees a
dog and the other man sees a jar of pickles, they have nothing to talk about.

There are conservative forces in this country which are saying that Bush has
gone off the deep end, in terms of finances.

He hasn't "gone" off the deep end. He was always off the deep end.

The smartest thing the Democrats can do is not be negative, just give President
Bush the spotlight and let him ramble. Remember the courtroom scene in 'The
Caine Mutiny'?

DSK

basskisser

Messing In Boats wrote in message ...
It’s interesting to see how Bush twists legitimate queries about his
"military service" into attacks on the National Guard. Had I been
missing from my Army unit for more than 30 days back then, I would have
been “dropped from the rolls,” and labeled a deserter, not just AWOL,
although admittedly my daddy wasn’t nearly so well connected as his.
Also, if I were facing these kinds of questions about my service, I
would provide names of others with whom I had served that could verify
my attendance. Since we in the US appear to have decided to be rulers of
the universe, let’s elect John Kerry, a real veteran and war hero, as
our commander-in-chief.

Capt. Jeff, another real veteran

Couldn't agree more!
John H

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:45:49 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Philosophy, Not Policy
Why Bush isn't good at interviews.

Sunday, February 8, 2004 4:30 p.m. EST
President Bush's interview on "Meet the Press" seems to me so much a
big-story-in-the-making that I wanted to weigh in with some thoughts. I am
one of those who feel his performance was not impressive.

Snipped

If I worked for President Bush I'd say spend the next nine months giving
speeches, and limit interviews. If I worked for Mr. Kerry I'd say give a lot
of interviews, be out there all the time, and don't try to wrap your points
up in a coherent philosophy, which is something a good speech demands.
Anyway, that's how I see it. Am I wrong? By the way, I've never been able to
stick to a talking point in a TV interview in my life.

Gotta admit, I agree with what this guy said, especially his first and
last paragraphs.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

John Gaquin

"NOYB" wrote in message news:ypQVb.19636

Must have been in the cut and paste.

Just wondering if it was somehow virus or worm generated, somewhere along
the line.

NOYB

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

It's a gal, not a guy. Peggy Noonan.

NOYB

wrote:

Since we in the US appear to have decided to be rulers of
the universe, let’s elect John Kerry, a real veteran and war hero, as
our commander-in-chief.

Yup, an admitted baby-killer and traitor marching under the North
Vietnamese flag.

What a putz.

So, Wally, just how many times have you fallen off the roof onto your
head? You're damned close to permanently retiring the trophy as the
dumbest foch ever to post in this newsgroup. Tuuk is still in the
competition, though.

You obviously don't read basskisser's posts. Shelikoff and he had a "you're
an idiot...no you are" post going for about 3 months. I know Steve wasn't
the idiot, either.

Harry Krause

wrote:

Since we in the US appear to have decided to be rulers of
the universe, let’s elect John Kerry, a real veteran and war hero, as
our commander-in-chief.

Yup, an admitted baby-killer and traitor marching under the North
Vietnamese flag.

What a putz.

So, Wally, just how many times have you fallen off the roof onto your
head? You're damned close to permanently retiring the trophy as the
dumbest foch ever to post in this newsgroup. Tuuk is still in the
competition, though.

You obviously don't read basskisser's posts. Shelikoff and he had a "you're
an idiot...no you are" post going for about 3 months. I know Steve wasn't
the idiot, either.

It matters not...the dumbest poster here is Wally...unless it is Tuuk.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Charles

NOYB wrote:

You obviously don't read basskisser's posts. Shelikoff and he had a "you're
an idiot...no you are" post going for about 3 months. I know Steve wasn't
the idiot, either.

B'asskisser needs to be given a pass, for it is painfully obvious this
guy is not running on all cylinders.

-- Charlie