NOYB

Default OT--An interesting piece on Bush

"John H" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:45:49 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Philosophy, Not Policy
Why Bush isn't good at interviews.

Sunday, February 8, 2004 4:30 p.m. EST
President Bush's interview on "Meet the Press" seems to me so much a
big-story-in-the-making that I wanted to weigh in with some thoughts. I

am
one of those who feel his performance was not impressive.

Snipped

If I worked for President Bush I'd say spend the next nine months giving
speeches, and limit interviews. If I worked for Mr. Kerry I'd say give a

lot
of interviews, be out there all the time, and don't try to wrap your

points
up in a coherent philosophy, which is something a good speech demands.
Anyway, that's how I see it. Am I wrong? By the way, I've never been able

stick to a talking point in a TV interview in my life.

Gotta admit, I agree with what this guy said, especially his first and
last paragraphs.

It's a gal, not a guy. Peggy Noonan.