John H

Default A little OT good news for a snowy Monday!

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:10:21 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Unfortunately, John...this may be bad news.
What happens when you get a large number of '6 day trainees' running around
heavily armed?
I've never been in the military so I admit I'm just guessing...but 6 days
does seem skimpy.

John H wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:13:47 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Six days training eh? ......did your guys teach them everything they

knew??
Sounds to me like George W is getting ready to slip out the back door

when
enough of these 'graduates' are delivered.

John H wrote in message
.. .
Not bad enough for Harry or the NY Times to post!

************************************************ ***************************

*
2nd ACR Graduates 1st ICDC Class at Camp Muleskinner

Whatsa matter, Don? News not bad enough for you?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

'Tis better to have them running around on the side of the good guys
than the bad.

Now, I'm not joining you, Doug, and Harry's ****ing contest. If you
want to read bad news, read Harry's.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

John H wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:46:55 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:27:45 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Six days training eh? ......did your guys teach them everything they
knew??
Sounds to me like George W is getting ready to slip out the back door
when
enough of these 'graduates' are delivered.

John H wrote in message
.. .
Not bad enough for Harry or the NY Times to post!

********************************************** ****************************

*
*
2nd ACR Graduates 1st ICDC Class at Camp Muleskinner

Whatsa matter, Don? News not bad enough for you?

How much training do police receive in major US cities, John?

For traffic control, basic first aid, and shooting a rifle in
self-defense? Probably about a week.

John H

Probably?

Doug, I'm not joining a ****ing contest with you guys. If you want bad
news, read Harry's posts.

John H

Reality check: what John posts and obviously likes is simple-minded
military propaganda.

Fairfax County, Virginia, a surburban area not quite as dangerous as
Iraq, trains its new cops at The Fairfax County Criminal Justice
Academy, located at 14601 Lee Road, Chantilly, Virginia. It trains
approximately 230 new law enforcement officers a year. The Fairfax
County Criminal Justice Academy is currently the training center for all
law enforcement officers from the Fairfax County Police Department,
Fairfax County Sheriff's Office, and the town police departments of
Herndon and Vienna. Animal Wardens and Fire Marshals are also trained here.
The six month basic recruit session, is a non-residential training
program. Recruits commute to the facility Monday through Friday for an
eight-hour day, varying between day and evening hours. The curriculum
includes Virginia law, report writing, criminal and accident
investigation, warrant service, crime prevention, defensive tactics,
emergency vehicle operations, first aid, and firearms skills. Throughout
the session, recruits must maintain at least a 75% grade point average
and pass training objectives which are mandated by the Virginia
Department of Criminal Justice Services. The Academy provides 919 hours
of training which far exceeds state requirements. The hours translate
into 28 ACE college credits which can be transferred to an Associate's
Degree program in Criminal Justice at Northern Virginia Community College.
The hours that must be successfully completed are as follows:

Basic School 400 hours
Firearms Training 80 hours
Driver Training 80 hours
Physical Fitness 126 hours
Defensive Tactics 113 hours

But, what the hell...six days of training by some military idiots is the
equivalent, eh? I mean, it isn't as if these Iraqi "cops" are going to
be facing any real danger.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:46:55 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:27:45 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Six days training eh? ......did your guys teach them everything

they
knew??
Sounds to me like George W is getting ready to slip out the back

door
when
enough of these 'graduates' are delivered.

John H wrote in message
.. .
Not bad enough for Harry or the NY Times to post!

********************************************** **************************

**
*
*
[...]

Hell, basic training during the Viet Nam war was only 6 weeks. These are
just local traffic cops, etc. Not the full investigative police officer of
the US. But Harry and Doug knew this and just like to spew garbage.

John H

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:22:35 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

But, what the hell...six days of training by some military idiots is the
equivalent, eh? I mean, it isn't as if these Iraqi "cops" are going to
be facing any real danger.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Hell, basic training during the Viet Nam war was only 6 weeks. These are
just local traffic cops, etc. Not the full investigative police officer of
the US. But Harry and Doug knew this and just like to spew garbage.

Well, you're right of course. I hate to put Doug in the same class as
Harry, but I suppose it's necessary.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

But, what the hell...six days of training by some military idiots is the
equivalent, eh? I mean, it isn't as if these Iraqi "cops" are going to
be facing any real danger.

Nah...just rocket propelled grenades, snipers, land mines and car bombs,
same as I see every day here in upstate New York. For this, the NY State
Police go through 1095 hours of training in 24 weeks (residential). That's
followed by 12 weeks of field training and evaluation.

Of course, we murdered a few Iraqi cops back in November or December, so
maybe we don't want to invest too much in training these guys, considering
how they may be used for target practice.

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message

'Tis better to have them running around on the side of the good guys
than the bad.

Now, I'm not joining you, Doug, and Harry's ****ing contest. If you
want to read bad news, read Harry's.

John H

John, let's say you talk to five neighbors and find out all of them have
used the same plumber in the past year. In all cases, the plumber was called
for repairs that anyone handy could've done, but these neighbors weren't
into that sort of thing. Leak in drain under kitchen sink, install new sink
faucet in bathroom, that sort of thing. In all five cases, the plumber
messed things up to the point where there was massive water damage after he
left. Maybe he's an alcoholic who's so far gone that he hits the sauce first
thing in the morning.

Is there any reason to expect that the 6th neighbor to use that plumber will
have a much better experience?

basskisser

snipped miles of drivel

"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:%PkRb.28175
Hell, basic training during the Viet Nam war was only 6 weeks. These are
just local traffic cops, etc. Not the full investigative police officer of
the US. But Harry and Doug knew this and just like to spew garbage.

Speaking of spewing garbage, please provide any shred of evidence that
these new policemen are "just local traffic cops, etc., not the full
invstigative police officer of the U.S."
Doug Kanter

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
snipped miles of drivel

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Hell, basic training during the Viet Nam war was only 6 weeks. These

are
just local traffic cops, etc. Not the full investigative police officer

of
the US. But Harry and Doug knew this and just like to spew garbage.

Speaking of spewing garbage, please provide any shred of evidence that
these new policemen are "just local traffic cops, etc., not the full
invstigative police officer of the U.S."

....or that regardless of their official purpose, that they may not find
themselves in situations which require much more training. Like being shot
at because they're cooperating with our military. John seems to have
forgotten that insurgents have blown up a couple of Iraqi police stations
recently.

Calif Bill

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Hell, basic training during the Viet Nam war was only 6 weeks. These

are
just local traffic cops, etc. Not the full investigative police

officer
of
the US. But Harry and Doug knew this and just like to spew garbage.

Speaking of spewing garbage, please provide any shred of evidence that
these new policemen are "just local traffic cops, etc., not the full
invstigative police officer of the U.S."

...or that regardless of their official purpose, that they may not find
themselves in situations which require much more training. Like being shot
at because they're cooperating with our military. John seems to have
forgotten that insurgents have blown up a couple of Iraqi police stations
recently.

They probably spent at least 3 days on just that. Avoiding being blown up.
Give some credit to these people. Most probably were former military, and
all have been around people shooting people for a long time. They are not
stupid! Are you so racist, that you give no credit for brains to an Iraqi?
Bill

Doug Kanter

hlink.net...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

[...]

You missed the point. I think we're going to start doing certain things "on
the cheap", quick and dirty, just to get the hell out of Iraq before things
get any uglier than they are now. You know why we're going to do this.