Doug Kanter

Default A little OT good news for a snowy Monday!

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

But, what the hell...six days of training by some military idiots is the
equivalent, eh? I mean, it isn't as if these Iraqi "cops" are going to
be facing any real danger.

Nah...just rocket propelled grenades, snipers, land mines and car bombs,
same as I see every day here in upstate New York. For this, the NY State
Police go through 1095 hours of training in 24 weeks (residential). That's
followed by 12 weeks of field training and evaluation.

Of course, we murdered a few Iraqi cops back in November or December, so
maybe we don't want to invest too much in training these guys, considering
how they may be used for target practice.