Lee Yeaton

Default rec.boats merchandise

For a long time I wanted to be able to afford to buy logo merchandise and
sell it to help promote my site. But I could never raise enough money to
cover the upfront costs.

One day I came across another site like mine that sold logo merchandise
through an online retailer so I signed up for a free account. The prices
are not bad and the quality of the stuff is good.

Anyway, I was staying on my boat this weekend, it was real cold in MD, so I
was stuck inside and was adding a couple of new photos to the boats of
rec.boats site and came up with an idea. Why not have a rec.boats store?

I put together a small shop for everyone to see. T-shirts, sweatshirts and
similar items featuring the rec.boats burgee. I left all the prices the way
they are, I didn't work in any markup. If the group likes this idea than it
can stay and we all will be able to buy this stuff. If the group decides
they don't like it I can cancel the store.

Check it out: http://www.cafeshops.com/recdotboats

Let me know what you think.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com

the boats of rec.boats
www.thebayguide.comrec.boats

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Hi Lee,
That's pretty cool. How about some clothes colors besides white?

Capt. Frank
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

Lee Yeaton wrote:
[...]

Lee Yeaton

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi Lee,
That's pretty cool. How about some clothes colors besides white?

Capt. Frank
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

Cafeshops.com only has white and light grey.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com

theboats of rec.boats
www.thebayguide.comrec.boats

Larry Weiss

Nice idea, Lee.

About a hundred years ago (okay, maybe 9 or 10), Pete Meek volunteered to manage
such a project, selling rec.boats caps and burgees. His Web page is still up:

http://www.msen.com/~pwmeek/cap-main.html

I wonder if he has any left?

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

Lee Yeaton wrote:

[...]

Florida Keyz

Default O.T. Burgees

could be a white flag with a sphincter on it?

rec.boats participatants down 32% in 2003 Larry Weiss General 7 January 12th 04 04:37 AM
Proposed: "PREAMBLE TO REC.BOATS FAQ" JohnH General 1 December 21st 03 06:54 PM
Proposed: "Preamble to FAQ- rec.boats" news_admin General 1 December 14th 03 03:19 PM
Obit: rec.boats Joe Parsons General 36 November 9th 03 07:30 PM
On-Topic: rec.boats FAQ noah General 11 September 29th 03 02:38 AM