Marley

Default The thought police are coming forCRUISERS!

Proclamation Restricts Rights of Boats in US Waters

A Proclamation made by US President George W. Bush on February 26, 2004,
authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to take virtually total
control over any vessel, foreign or domestic, in the territorial waters
of the United States, if the authorities feel that vessel "may be used,
or is susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban territorial waters".

Translation: If the "authorities" believe for any reason that you are
THINKING about or are able to visit Cuba, you loose your boat. Yup...the
authorities are now MIND READERS. And once they read your mind they act
accordingly. I would venture to say that ANY boat is "susceptible of
being used to visit Cuba, wouldn't you?

Don't believe it? Here's it is striaght from the horses ass...err...mouth

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040226-11.html

Welcome to 1984 folks.
Calif Bill

"Marley" wrote in message
[...]

Same thing has been used for years in the name of drug and prostitution
enforcement.

Paul Schilter

MMC,
Copy and pasted from the site:

"Sec. 4. The Secretary may seek assistance from State and local
authorities in carrying out the purposes of this proclamation. Because
State and local assistance may be essential for an effective response to
this emergency, I urge all State and local officials to cooperate with
Federal authorities and to take all actions within their lawful
authority necessary to prevent the unauthorized departure of vessels
intending to enter Cuban territorial waters."

I would imagine they would have to prove "intent". If you were cruising
the coast of southern Florida it probably wouldn't be a problem. If you
were headed directly for Cuba and were getting close to their waters
that might be a different situation.
Paul

MMC wrote:
Enforcing drugs and prostitution? Sounds like Amsterdam!
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"Marley" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Marley

Paul Schilter wrote:

I would imagine they would have to prove "intent". If you were
cruising the coast of southern Florida it probably wouldn't be a
problem. If you were headed directly for Cuba and were getting close to
their waters that might be a different situation.
Paul

Paul

You can IMAGINE that the government would have to prove "intent" if you
want to...if it helps you in your denial have fun.

But the word INTENT is NOT mentioned in the LEGAL disertation posted.

If and when you are accused of "thinking of going to Cuba" you are
welcome to tell the gestapo that they should prove intent if you want
to..but clearly there is no requirement in the law as it is written.

That should frighten every single person reading it.

MMC

I understand Paul, I was making a joke.
This subject has been flogged to death on the newsgroup in the past and I
really do not want to take part in the thread.
The "discussions" I've had the pleasure (???) of observing or participating
in concerning the current administration has proven to me that the loyalty
our 2 party system garners is nothing short of incredible and there is
absolutely no room for "balance".
MMC

MMC wrote:
Enforcing drugs and prostitution? Sounds like Amsterdam!
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"Marley" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Harbin

Yep, I remember when it use to be illegal to confiscate private property, but the gov
said it would only confiscate drug money and property, well we see what happened there.
City's are confiscating cars racing, and if you are cough with a lot of money, you may
loose it to, though you have it legally. Seizure laws should be repealed.
Harbin

"Marley" wrote in message
[...]

rhys

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:49:00 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Same thing has been used for years in the name of drug and prostitution
enforcement.

I don't think either of those things happen on my boat more than three
of four times a season.

Killjoys.

R.

Clams Canino

What ever happened ot the 70's when trading sex for drugs happened all the
time?
Anyone with enough blow could always get laid, right?

-W

wrote:

Same thing has been used for years in the name of drug and prostitution
enforcement.

I don't think either of those things happen on my boat more than three
of four times a season.

Killjoys.

R.

JimH

"Marley" wrote in message
Proclamation Restricts Rights of Boats in US Waters

A Proclamation made by US President George W. Bush on February 26, 2004,
authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to take virtually total
control over any vessel, foreign or domestic, in the territorial waters of
the United States, if the authorities feel that vessel "may be used, or is
susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban territorial waters".

You have a problem with that? Why?

A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Just when you thought it was safe . . .. Michael ASA 6 June 27th 03 06:08 PM