brad

Default AIR-X Wind Generator

Does anyone have any experience with these units that they'd like to share?

Tim Mackinlay

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:24:41 -0500, "brad" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with these units that they'd like to share?

I have the same unit. On my 60 foot tower at home.
Make sure the pole on which you have the Air X mounted is insulated
with rubber inserts between the post and the attachment points. The
turbine vibrates somewhat and can transmit these vibrations through
the hull. Other than that, I am pretty happy with the unit. The wind,
however, has to be blowing at over 10 knt's to make any meaningfull
output. Unless you are in the trades, I would go solar panel.
On my 28' Grampian, I went the solar panel route with at first and 80
watt panel, but now, I am increasing this to a 120 watt panel.
(refridgeration) I bought the non marine version (I sail fresh water
on the great lakes) and gabe it a coat of white Tremclad anti rust
paint.

Tim