NOYB

Default OT--Forget the head-to-head numbers

If you look at the state-by-state, favorable/unfavorable internals, you'll
see that Kerry is cooked.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6369953/

Florida
Bush favorable: 51% unfavorable: 39%
Kerry favorable: 42% unfavorable: 42%

Ohio
Bush favorable: 48% unfavorable: 41%
Kerry favorable: 41% unfavorable: 41% (it says 18, but that's
reversed with the neutral)

Wisconsin
Bush favorable: 46% unfavorable: 43%
Kerry favorable: 44% unfavorable: 41%

Pennsylvania
Bush favorable: 46% unfavorable: 43%
Kerry favorable: 42% unfavorable: 43%

New Mexico
Bush favorable: 51% unfavorable: 37%
Kerry favorable: 43% unfavorable: 44%

Michigan
Bush favorable: 45% unfavorable: 44%
Kerry favorable: 42% unfavorable: 41%

Bush's average favorability rating is 47.83%. Kerry's is 42.33%. Bush
leads by more than 5 1/2 points.

Bush's average unfavorability rating is 41.17%. Kerry's is 42.00%. Bush
leads by less than a point.

Snafu

The only numbers that will matter Tuesday night are the Electoral College
results. One of the candidates will need 270 votes to be elected. Polling
in each state shows that John Kerry will have the votes to be elected
president. See http://www.electoral-vote.com/. Also see the predicted
final outcome at http://www.electoral-vote.com/pred/index.html.

Buh-bye George.

-------------------------------------
Bush's average favorability rating is 47.83%. Kerry's is 42.33%. Bush
leads by more than 5 1/2 points.

Bush's average unfavorability rating is 41.17%. Kerry's is 42.00%. Bush
leads by less than a point.

NOYB

"Snafu" wrote in message
The only numbers that will matter Tuesday night are the Electoral College
results. One of the candidates will need 270 votes to be elected.
Polling
in each state shows that John Kerry will have the votes to be elected
president. See http://www.electoral-vote.com/.

Correction:
Polling in each state shows that George Bush will have the votes to be
elected President.

See: http://www.electionprojection.com

Your site uses a single poll to project the winner...and he seems to
arbitrarily pick the most favorable poll for Kerry. For instance, today's
Mason-Dixon and Rasmussen polls showed Bush ahead in Florida by 4 points and
1 point, respectively. Zogby shows Kerry up 2. Who does the webmaster of
electoral-vote.com give Florida to? Kerry...based solely on Zogby's poll.

www.electionprojection.com uses an average of the major polls. So does
www.realclearpolitics.com ...and if you take an average of the major polls,
Bush is leading in the popular vote *and* the Electoral College.

In fact, if you look at the electoral-vote.com site where he uses *averaged*
data, you'll see that Bush is leading even at electoral-vote.com.

See: http://www.electoral-vote.com/fin/oct31z.html

Snafu

The poll used to project a state on www.electoral-vote.com is the latest
poll based on the average of the range of dates on which the survey was
taken. He's very clear about that. That doesn't seem arbitrary to me.

As was demonstrated in 2000, popular vote totals don't mean anything. I
think the election is so close it can go either way. We'll see how close it
is on Tuesday night.

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Snafu" wrote in message
[...]

NOYB

"Snafu" wrote in message
The poll used to project a state on www.electoral-vote.com is the latest
poll based on the average of the range of dates on which the survey was
taken. He's very clear about that.

He's lying and you believed it. Check for yourself. The Mason-Dixon poll
is more current than the Zogby poll, even when you average the range of
dates. Mason-Dixon has Bush up 4 in Florida, and up 1 in Minnesota (it's
right there in the first table on his website). Your guy uses Zogby's
numbers for both states...thus giving both states to Kerry. What a farce!

That doesn't seem arbitrary to me.

Now does it?

As was demonstrated in 2000, popular vote totals don't mean anything.

I'm talking about EC votes. If you average all of the major polls, Bush has
more EC votes. If you take just Zogby's numbers, Kerry has more EC votes.
Since Gallup, Rasmussen, and Mason-Dixon are all more recent than Zogby's
(by 1 day), electoral-vote ought to be using the numbers from those
pollsters.

I'll stick with realclearpolitics.com or electionprojection.com since both
of those sites take an average of the major polls. I'll also look at
electoral-vote.com's link and click on the "Averaged" data map:
http://www.electoral-vote.com/fin/oct31z.html

Jon Smithe

NOYB,
This is a close race, the margin of error is higher than the spread between
the candidates. The election will go to whomever is able to get out the
votes.

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Snafu" wrote in message
[...]

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"Snafu" wrote in message
The poll used to project a state on www.electoral-vote.com is the latest
poll based on the average of the range of dates on which the survey was
taken. He's very clear about that.

He's lying and you believed it. Check for yourself. The Mason-Dixon
poll
is more current than the Zogby poll, even when you average the range of
dates. Mason-Dixon has Bush up 4 in Florida, and up 1 in Minnesota (it's
right there in the first table on his website). Your guy uses Zogby's
numbers for both states...thus giving both states to Kerry. What a
farce!

Last week Zogby was your favorite pollster. Silly boy.

No. I posted Zogby's numbers for you, Harry, since he seems to be the only
pollster you'll believe. If that's the case, then your boy Kerry is in
trouble.
This election is about ebbs and flows for each campaign. Zogby uses a
3-day rolling average tracking poll. For today's poll, he's using data from
the 29th, 30th,
and 31st...and has dropped Thursday Oct. 28th's results off the average.
And guess what?
Bush actually gained from an uptick in his favor. That means Bush's number
have
been improving while Kerry's are dropping. By tomorrow morning, my
prediciton is
that Zogby will have Bush up 3...which is exactly what Rove is predicting.
I'm a little more
optimistic and think Bush will the popular vote by 4 points.

You're really putting too much of your cold heart into these last-minute
polls. The election is a dead heat. What matters Tuesday is voter turnout.

Not really. I think Zogby's weighting is flawed, but his tracking polls at
least
show consistent trends in the polls. There is no doubt that Kerry had
better momentum
(at least relative to the week before) going into the weekend...but Bush has
better momentum
heading into eleciton day.

Got any links to real polls along the I-4 Corridor?

I don't know...and even if there were, I don't that that any any of the
locally-sponsored polls are worth a damn.
Most showed a statistical dead-heat between Jeb and McBride heading into the
2002 election...and Jeb won by 13
points.

NOYB

"Jon Smithe" wrote in message
NOYB,
This is a close race, the margin of error is higher than the spread
between the candidates. The election will go to whomever is able to get
out the votes.

IMO, the polls which use projected poltical party afffiliation are wrong.
They are under the assumption that people will turn out just as they have in
the past:
39% Democrats, 35% Republicans, and 26% Independent. I believe there's been
pretty strong shift to the right in this country over the past 4 years, and
that registered
Republicans will outnumber registered Democrats (or at least be even) at the
polls tomorrow.

If they're so much as even, then all of the polls that use weighting are
wrong...to the tune of
2-3 points. That's why I'm predicting Bush wins the popular vote by 4
points.

Jonathan Smithers

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...
If they're so much as even, then all of the polls that use weighting are
wrong...to the tune of
2-3 points. That's why I'm predicting Bush wins the popular vote by 4
points.

You might be correct, but no one in the business of projecting voter turnout
can accurately predict which candidate will do the best job of getting out
the vote. This election will result in a higher than average voter turnout.
Historically, high voter turnout has benefited the democratic candidates,
but it might change, but I think your prediction is mostly based upon hope
and not facts.

I think the aggressive campaign to get young voters registered and have them
vote on Tuesday will have a major impact on the results. Again, from what I
have seen, this should benefit Kerry. Since the Repub. will probably still
control both houses of Congress, if Kerry wins he will have to work with
Congress on any get any bills through Congress.

P.Fritz

"Jonathan Smithers" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...
If they're so much as even, then all of the polls that use weighting are
wrong...to the tune of
2-3 points. That's why I'm predicting Bush wins the popular vote by 4
points.

You might be correct, but no one in the business of projecting voter
turnout can accurately predict which candidate will do the best job of
getting out the vote. This election will result in a higher than average
voter turnout. Historically, high voter turnout has benefited the
democratic candidates, but it might change, but I think your prediction is
mostly based upon hope and not facts.

The Republican GOTV changed dramatically after the 2000 election......as
seen by the 2002 gain in house seats.....which bucked the trend of the
opposition party gaining seats.

I think the aggressive campaign to get young voters registered and have
them vote on Tuesday will have a major impact on the results. Again, from
what I have seen, this should benefit Kerry. Since the Repub. will
probably still control both houses of Congress, if Kerry wins he will have
to work with Congress on any get any bills through Congress.

Evinrude Head Gasket Salt Deposits cnicoll General 3 August 31st 04 03:22 AM
Magic Head Stephen Trapani Cruising 21 July 16th 04 01:35 AM
replace head on a mercruiser 350 engine Han General 5 June 18th 04 02:59 AM
Head Gasket on 50 HP 93 Evinrude dp General 2 November 4th 03 12:46 PM