NOYB

"Snafu" wrote in message
The poll used to project a state on www.electoral-vote.com is the latest
poll based on the average of the range of dates on which the survey was
taken. He's very clear about that.

He's lying and you believed it. Check for yourself. The Mason-Dixon poll
is more current than the Zogby poll, even when you average the range of
dates. Mason-Dixon has Bush up 4 in Florida, and up 1 in Minnesota (it's
right there in the first table on his website). Your guy uses Zogby's
numbers for both states...thus giving both states to Kerry. What a farce!

That doesn't seem arbitrary to me.

Now does it?

As was demonstrated in 2000, popular vote totals don't mean anything.

I'm talking about EC votes. If you average all of the major polls, Bush has
more EC votes. If you take just Zogby's numbers, Kerry has more EC votes.
Since Gallup, Rasmussen, and Mason-Dixon are all more recent than Zogby's
(by 1 day), electoral-vote ought to be using the numbers from those
pollsters.

I'll stick with realclearpolitics.com or electionprojection.com since both
of those sites take an average of the major polls. I'll also look at
electoral-vote.com's link and click on the "Averaged" data map:
http://www.electoral-vote.com/fin/oct31z.html