tbp

Default FS: Bottom Paint

STEWART MARINE, California

We are a small company, boat enthusiasts, there's nothing better than
being on the water!
(And we have not been there lately.)

A company in pursuit of preserving the marine environment one boat at
a time.

A company offering an alternative to those other antifouling coatings.

The Unicorn Thermal Marine Coating System IS different than the
others, has extremely low level VOC's, inhibits various marine
organisms, and is effective for up to 12 years.

We are now ready to sell and being small, we are using low cost angles
- boat clubs, marine newsletters, the Internet - to let boaters know
that we truly have something better and more cost-efficient. We hope
to attract people in Northern California and the San Francisco Bay
area firstly.

It's Bill Stewart.
Email: OR Phone: 209-223-4512

And it's the Unicorn Thermal Marine Coating System, a bottom paint, an
antifouling coating.

CHEERS! (How does that read?)
NoOp

tbp wrote:
[...]

More like: Tania Palme ) Ottawa, ON, CANADA 613-228-7442

Doesn't seem to be a Stewart Marine registered in the state of
California, and Duncan Stewart's STEWART & STEWART MARINE & BROKERAGE,
INC. registration was suspended in 1989.

Nor is there any COPPERTARGE INTERNATIONAL INC. or D. Stewart &
Company (from previous sightings):

For more information, contact:

COPPERTARGE INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Noel W. Stewart
President
P.O. Box 1611, Sutter Creek, CA 95685 USA
Email:

COPPERTARGE INTERNATIONAL INC.
Division of D. Stewart & Company
Since 1852
- A California Certified Disabled Veteran Enterprise -

So what's the story?

Jeff Richards

"A California Certified Disabled Veteran Enterprise" seems correct.
http://www.dvbe.com/companyprofile.php?id=790

However, it may be illegal to use the product:
Section 3 registrations which were canceled for non-payment of the 2003
maintenance fee.
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-PEST...-06/p27954.htm
072140-00001............................ Unicorn Thermal Marine Coating
Anti-Fouling Plastic
--

"NoOp" wrote in message
tbp wrote:
[...]

tbp

NoOp wrote in message ...
tbp wrote:
[...]

I just checked to see how the advertising campaign was progressing for
Stewart Marine and was surprised at the content of the replies.

Yes, the person, Tania Palme (me) is forwarding the messages to
alt.sailing and two other newsgroups on behalf of Bill Stewart, a
friend of mine residing in California. Although I use the Internet, I
was surprised to see the information about me and wonder how it was
retrieved.

As for the business registration of the companies, perhaps there is
reason for that but had presumed that the usual was in place. As for
the registration of the coating, presumption of that is the same. I
will forward the messages to Bill Stewart so that he can answer for
himself.

May that clear up any misunderstanding at least from my end.

Tania Palme
tbp

"NoOp" wrote in message
tbp wrote:
[...]

I will inform Bill Stewart of this information as well.

Tania Palme

NoOp

tbp wrote:

NoOp wrote in message ...
tbp wrote:
[...]

I normally wouldn't respond, but it doesn't appear that you are some
nefarious off-topic newsgroup spammer, so:

In this day and age it's always best to check on any products/companies
that are being promoted -- even when the product is on-topic for the
newsgroup.

As for how I obtained the information... that's relatively easy as well:

- Look at the headers on the msg that is promoting the product/company.
Your msg indicated that you were Bill Stewart, but your headers said
otherwise. Your headers for this msg show that you are posting from
Ottawa Canada.

- Google is everyone's friend. It was relatively easy to find other
information and other posts that were made related to this
product/company & additional product company names. As for your
information... well let's just say that your resume was interesting.

- The company claims to be a company located in California, as do the
other company names (Coppertarge International Inc., D. Stewart &
Company, etc.). Any company in the state of California (even a
non-profit) requires a business registration with the California
Secretary of State. Stewart Marine is not listed in the database, nor
are the other company names. The only listing, STEWART & STEWART MARINE
& BROKERAGE, was suspended in 1989. This is easily checked at:

http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/list.html

There are similar sites for most US states and even Canadian companies
as well.

The reason why I posted, and asked what the story is on this company is
because I didn't find any valid registration for Stewart Marine, nor did
I find any valid registration information for the other companies that
this product was promoted under.

Perhaps Bill Stewart (or is it Noel?) does have a viable product, he
and/or his company has made a few government bids... but as Jeff
Richards pointed out in his post, Unicorn Thermal Marine Coating
registrations with the EPA were canceled for non-payment in 2003.

Jeff also points out that Stewart Marine is listed on a Disabled
Veteran's website as a DVBE -- nothing against veterans (I am a VFW) but
a listing on a DVBE site doesn't validate a company, product, or the
promoter. Call be cautious, but a lot of my friends are sailors,
veterans, and disabled veterans, and your msg along with the Google
references (your "press" release of Jun 18 2003) just doesn't seem to
appear to be above board.

tbp

NoOp wrote in message ...
tbp wrote:

NoOp wrote in message ...
tbp wrote:
[...]

Thank you indeed for your informative reply, sir.

Never would I post messages to betray people nor have I. On the
contrary, it is an effort to provide the most accurate information
from my sphere of knowledge and if I cannot, have no qualms to direct
the person elsewhere with the hopes that the relay is adequate. As a
writer for Mr. Stewart, it is not unusual to write language that does
not indicate the writer and so, "It's Bill Stewart" was written to
direct the reader to that name, to identify the person in a matter of
fact way as though the person was there - a style similar to one
answering a phone. There are many ways to use language to reach out
to people when the person cannot meet with them face to face; however,
I do not belong to the camp of 'language manipulation'. I tend to
think that the accurate (as possible) transfer and accumulation of
information is more convenient, more efficient and more respectful so
that one can proceed with their business. Such is the 'Olympic' of
writing. The rest is as Shakespeare so aptly titled one play, Much
Ado About Nothing. Perhaps you can inform me directly of your
impression of my resume.

As for Mr. Stewart, he is an inventor and is not naturally inclined to
create or improve upon something to betray. That is inconceivable to
an inventor's mind set. As he has difficulty with typing (such is one
reason for my assistance), he would like to correspond with you. You
can email him your contact information.

May this offer of correspondence provide the necessary answers.

Yours truly,
Tania Palme
Jeff Richards

For me, that the poster was not the same as the signature wasn't a concern.
You might be a staff member posting what Bill asked you to post.

But if you intend to use the Internet to sell the product you have to be
aware of the medium you are using, and the nature of the information that is
(or isn't) available to the market you are addressing. In this case, the
information available (or not) on the 'net didn't match the information in
the post, so warning bells are set off.

If you did a presentation at a boat club, you would check beforehand whether
or not the Commodore was VP (Sales) for the local distributor of marine
paints. Similarly, when you start to use the 'net for advertising you need
to check exactly what information is out there that people will access to
evaluate your messages. If it's wrong, you need to correct it. If it's
insufficient, you need to add to it.
--

"tbp" wrote in message
om...
snip

[...]

tbp

Dear Jeff Richards,

Thank you indeed for your informative and objective reply. As I am
unaware of all administrative matters concerning the marine coating, I
will forward this message to Mr. Stewart so that he can explain
further. He does have great difficulty typing so perhaps he can
correspond with you directly. Feel free to utilize his email address.

Thank you again and especially for the objective tone of the message.

Yours truly,
Tania Palme

[...]

"tbp" wrote in message
om...
snip

[...]

Bottom paint vs performance Phil DiVincenti General 7 September 10th 04 07:42 PM
Interlux Bottom Paint Question Mike Cruising 6 June 17th 04 12:24 AM
Bottom Paint katysails ASA 27 March 24th 04 09:07 PM
Replacing bottom paint Mike Cruising 4 February 12th 04 02:28 AM
Removing bottom paint... Rural Knight General 1 August 6th 03 02:03 AM