Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Matt

Default Getting the right price? I/O Repair

I finally got the entire pricing for the repair
to my 94 Chaparral. I needed a new Thermostat Housing $363 (Part number:
90736a24) and Intake Manifold NEW $574 (Part number: 17618t). My local
marina, whom i have used in the past, found me a Used Intake Manifold for
$275. They gave me a total price for the entire job of $1200 and change
that's with the used manifold, with a new one they said approx $1600. Does
this sound right? They had to do a few oil changes to pinpoint
the problem and a few afterwards to make sure that there is no more water in
the oil. Other then that i think that's all. So does the labor and
oil changes sound about right? I think they charge between 75 and 85 per
hour in labor...

Thanks for any info,

-Matt

Price for Intake Manifold & Thermostat Housing Replacement (MECHANICS PLEASE COMMENT) Matt General 0 December 12th 03 02:54 AM
What's a fair price for an inspection/apprasal and then a two hour training course [email protected] General 2 November 23rd 03 03:08 PM
Outboard Hood Repair Chris Ey General 11 November 3rd 03 06:35 PM
Bow Eye Repair Mike General 8 October 15th 03 01:37 PM
marine engine repair schools? RUTH RUSHING General 3 July 30th 03 12:19 AM