Matt

Default Getting the right price? I/O Repair

Well all i can go on is the mechanics word, he said that the manifold was
rotted through to the housing (i think that's the way), Basically he said
since it was in salt water it's entire life before i bought it he said
that's what happend. I have used them before and the place has come
recommended..

"bowgus" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
A question ... what happened to the intake manifold? My V6 manifold (3.8
litre, 4bbl) is an '83 ... I had to replace the gasket ... was leaking oil
... but the manifold is fine.

"Matt" wrote in message
I finally got the entire pricing for the repair
to my 94 Chaparral. I needed a new Thermostat Housing $363 (Part

number:
90736a24) and Intake Manifold NEW $574 (Part number: 17618t). My local
marina, whom i have used in the past, found me a Used Intake Manifold

for
$275. They gave me a total price for the entire job of $1200 and change
that's with the used manifold, with a new one they said approx $1600.

Does
this sound right? They had to do a few oil changes to pinpoint
the problem and a few afterwards to make sure that there is no more

water
in
the oil. Other then that i think that's all. So does the labor and
oil changes sound about right? I think they charge between 75 and 85 per
hour in labor...

Thanks for any info,

-Matt