LD

Default Need Prop help

I have a 200hp Merc with a SS prop, slightly cupped, brushed finish, with
the number string 48 73982 A4 21. I'm sure it's a 21 pitch but
apparently the rubber hub has slipped. While running @5600 yesterday, it
"slipped". Afterwards, couldn't go above a fast idle without it slipping
again.
Questions: 1. What make prop is this?
2. Is is fixable and how?
Thanks in advance
LD

Clams Canino

That's a Mercury prop.

You need to take it to a propshop and tell them the hub slipped and it needs
to be "rehubbed" - a common procedure.

-W

"LD" wrote in message
news
I have a 200hp Merc with a SS prop, slightly cupped, brushed finish, with
the number string 48 73982 A4 21. I'm sure it's a 21 pitch but
apparently the rubber hub has slipped. While running @5600 yesterday, it
"slipped". Afterwards, couldn't go above a fast idle without it slipping
again.
Questions: 1. What make prop is this?
2. Is is fixable and how?
Thanks in advance
LD

LD

Thanks for the confirmation. I've already begun to locate a rebuilder I
used to use for my 25Johnson Duckboat motor. For a mere $70 I'm told he can
put in a new rubber "clutch". This after $600 for a rebuilt foot, which was
on top of $450 for another foot that wouldn't quit leaking, which was after
a "switchbox" failed for $200, which was after I rebuilt the engine ($800
parts and $750 to bore & sleeve two cyl), etc., etc.
Does it ever quit????
LD

"Clams Canino" wrote in message

That's a Mercury prop.

You need to take it to a propshop and tell them the hub slipped and it

needs
to be "rehubbed" - a common procedure.

-W

"LD" wrote in message
news
I have a 200hp Merc with a SS prop, slightly cupped, brushed finish,

with
the number string 48 73982 A4 21. I'm sure it's a 21 pitch but
apparently the rubber hub has slipped. While running @5600 yesterday,

it
"slipped". Afterwards, couldn't go above a fast idle without it

slipping
again.
Questions: 1. What make prop is this?
2. Is is fixable and how?
Thanks in advance
LD

RG

"LD" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks for the confirmation. I've already begun to locate a rebuilder I
used to use for my 25Johnson Duckboat motor. For a mere $70 I'm told he

can
put in a new rubber "clutch". This after $600 for a rebuilt foot, which

was
on top of $450 for another foot that wouldn't quit leaking, which was

after
a "switchbox" failed for $200, which was after I rebuilt the engine ($800
parts and $750 to bore & sleeve two cyl), etc., etc.
Does it ever quit????

No, it doesn't. The only question is the duration of respite between
failures. Boating is a religion that is quite serious about tithing.

RG

convert johnson prop to mercury richg99 General 1 September 22nd 03 12:23 PM
Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge J K General 1 September 15th 03 10:32 PM
which prop Tony Thomas General 0 July 30th 03 12:35 PM
Prop sizes/performance Steve Lomax General 6 July 23rd 03 11:49 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM