Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

link.net...
"W.T. Hatch" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:35:17 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
basskisser wrote:
bb wrote in message

. ..
On 19 Aug 2004 11:04:25 -0700, (basskisser)

wrote:

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again,

was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of

the
most
damaged areas.

St. Pete and Pinellas didn't get anything. Arcadia is NE of
Charlotte Harbor, where the storm came ashore. As the storm was
heading NE, Arcadia got slammed.

bb

That's a shame, there are a lot of poor working people in that

area.

There are lots of "illegal" farm workers who were horribly impacted

by
the hurricane, and who are without housing, food, or water, and

were it
not for Catholic charities and a couple of similar groups, these

folks
would be dying by the side of the road.

This is an amazing country. We have all sorts of work that

native-born
Americans won't do, so we import tens of thousands of poor workers

from
even poorer countries to do it for us. Then we treat those workers

like
****.

Welcome to America.

As a society, we're no better than we treat the poorest and least

able
among us.

--
Save America - Defeat Bush!

Where are the Atheist Charities?

Sir:

Apart from the gratuitous, irrelevant nature of your attack, it has

always
been
my understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong) that your First

Amendment
means not only freedom _of_ religion, but also freedom _from_

religion.

Are you unable to mount any more effective offence against your

adversary
than
this feeble one?

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Not a lawyer, barrister or solicitor
C of E

Idiot! I ask a valid question. Many of these same people are always
knocking religion. Maybe you are one of those people? I ask the valid
question. If Atheism is so good, where is the good being done by them?

Do you really think that of all the volunteers, in all of the
charities, in all of the groups that offer assistance, in all of the
clubs, in all of the world, that none are atheists? Do you really
think that the only groups of people doing this sort of work are
christians??? Jeez, and you have the audacity to call others idiots.

Well, idiot? Where did I say they were Christian charities? Sure there is
most likely an atheist or a bunch helping their neighbors. But where are
the organized charitable groups based in Atheism?

Calif Bill

"Comcast News" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:43:41 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:
Idiot! I ask a valid question. Many of these same people are always
knocking religion. Maybe you are one of those people? I ask the valid
question. If Atheism is so good, where is the good being done by them?

Bill,

There are many non religious trust funds set up by Philanthropist, some by
Christians, some by Jews, some by Muslims, some by agnostics, and some by
atheists. One's desire to help others is not limited to Christians or to
the religious. Your frustration at those who to like to demean your
religious beliefs is understandable, but don't let yourself stoop to

their
level. I have noticed there are some in here like to group all religious
Christians into the same category as a person who would kill a doctor who
performs abortions. They are not worth your effort to respond. I
personally believe that God has a special place in hell for some of the TV
ministers (i.e. Robert Tilton) who profess to be Christians but whose
actions do not follow Jesus' teachings.

I just want the answer to how many Atheists have organized help for the poor
and downtrodden? I am not a religious person, but am married to a Catholic.
I do believe there may be a "God" or some such as you only have to look at
the earth and look up to the stars, and wonder where it all comes from. I
have problems with lots of religions, but as one of my professors in college
stated (he was a Humanist), without the normal religious guidance we would
not have a very civil world.

Calif Bill

"W.T. Hatch" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:43:41 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I have tried on several occasions to engage in a civil dialogue with you.

Each
time I have been met ultimately with derision and personal insult. My

comment
to you, while it may have been seen as harsh, addressed your _argument_,

not
your person.

I have no idea of your religious convictions, nor you of mine (I believe

my
somewhat subtle clue was wasted on you). But your initial query, to which

responded, was irrelevant and, I believe, intended to further the

acrimonious,
toxic climate in this forum.

There is ample room for differences of opinion. I believe it is possible

for
men of good will to discuss and explore those differences with civility

and good
will.

From my lengthy observation of you here, I am concluding that you are

possessed
of neither, and are reduced to insult as your sole "contribution" to

rec.boats.

I am not in the habit of kill-filing those whose posts I find

unpleasant--but I
do find yours of consistently low worth, and find little reason to read

them for
other than slight entertainment value.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

I find your posts of consistantly low worth also and even less entertainment
value. Please Kill-file me. Will keep you from losing sleep.

Comcast News

Bill,
My guess is no charity organization is comprised solely of atheist. I think
you have let jps, basskisser and Harry get to you with their bashing of
Christians. While I enjoy tweaking the 3 of them, I never let anything they
say effect me. They are not worth the effort of getting riled.

I think most non Christians, deist, agnostics etc. do not resent Christians
or any other religion. They do not want the government to support anyone
religion, and neither did the founding fathers. They may not follow your
beliefs, but they do not attack your religion.

link.net...

wrote:
[...]

W.T. Hatch

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:06:34 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

[elided]

I am not in the habit of kill-filing those whose posts I find

unpleasant--but I
do find yours of consistently low worth, and find little reason to read

them for
other than slight entertainment value.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

I find your posts of consistantly low worth also and even less entertainment
value. Please Kill-file me. Will keep you from losing sleep.

Please do not flatter yourself that I give you or your posts any thought at all
once I have moved on to the next.

With disdain,
W.T. Hatch

Calif Bill

"W.T. Hatch" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:06:34 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

[elided]

I am not in the habit of kill-filing those whose posts I find

unpleasant--but I
do find yours of consistently low worth, and find little reason to read

them for
other than slight entertainment value.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

I find your posts of consistantly low worth also and even less

entertainment
value. Please Kill-file me. Will keep you from losing sleep.

Please do not flatter yourself that I give you or your posts any thought

at all
once I have moved on to the next.

With disdain,
W.T. Hatch

I gather you give also very little thought to your own posts.

jim--

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"W.T. Hatch" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:06:34 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

[elided]

I am not in the habit of kill-filing those whose posts I find
unpleasant--but I
do find yours of consistently low worth, and find little reason to
read
them for
other than slight entertainment value.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

I find your posts of consistantly low worth also and even less

entertainment
value. Please Kill-file me. Will keep you from losing sleep.

Please do not flatter yourself that I give you or your posts any thought

at all
once I have moved on to the next.

With disdain,
W.T. Hatch

I gather you give also very little thought to your own posts.

I bet old WT believes that "clothes make the man", does not know the price
of a loaf of bread or gallon of milk, has never had a woman and has never
gotten over being picked on and beaten up every day his life during his
school years.

Most sincerely,
jim--

Wayne.B

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:12:57 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:
Please do not flatter yourself that I give you or your posts any thought

at all
once I have moved on to the next.

With disdain,
W.T. Hatch

I gather you give also very little thought to your own posts.

Now that you guys have exchanged all the necessary pleasantries
(and hijacked a thread), why not get back to boating or give it a
rest?

Cleesturtle

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:36:51 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

One of the major reasons why I would not keep a boat on a rack in one of
those facilities.

Correct. You need to *have* a boat before you can store one.
basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message hlink.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

link.net...

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
basskisser wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Ah, ****, Bill, it's so hard trying to get something into that
senility riddled pea brain of yours, but one more damned time:
Do you really think that every group that ever helped a human being
was "religeous" group? Have you ever heard of the American Red Cross?
National Urban League? Even AARP!!!
The list goes on and on. A simple search will shows hundreds of
charitable organizations that never mention religion.

FS 1998 Winjet Boat Nieman Marcus Ltd Ed in Cincinnati Ohio Girmannd Marketplace 1 August 24th 05 10:12 PM
Loud boats Doug Kanter General 139 September 10th 04 07:28 PM
'Lectric boats Gould 0738 General 1 July 28th 04 01:55 PM