BoatBanter.com

-   -   Boats crushed on Pine Island Sound (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21687-re-boats-crushed-pine-island-sound.html)

Wayne.B August 19th 04 03:40 AM

Boats crushed on Pine Island Sound

On 17 Aug 2004 22:51:42 GMT, (TORMAC53) wrote:

Two storage buildings for boats collasped. Four winds marina and Pineland
Marina both floded in on themselves.

====================================

Pictures he

http://tinyurl.com/5uuxn

http://tinyurl.com/5nk9v

rhys August 19th 04 01:21 PM

Sobering stuff. The used market will be flooded with "project boats"
for a few years, alas.

R.

basskisser August 19th 04 01:22 PM

Wayne.B wrote in message . ..
On 17 Aug 2004 22:51:42 GMT, (TORMAC53) wrote:

Two storage buildings for boats collasped. Four winds marina and Pineland
Marina both floded in on themselves.

====================================

Pictures he

http://tinyurl.com/5uuxn

http://tinyurl.com/5nk9v

How are things at John's Pass?

Harry Krause August 19th 04 01:36 PM

wrote:

On 17 Aug 2004 22:51:42 GMT, (TORMAC53) wrote:

Two storage buildings for boats collasped. Four winds marina and Pineland
Marina both floded in on themselves.

====================================

Pictures he

http://tinyurl.com/5uuxn

http://tinyurl.com/5nk9v

One of the major reasons why I would not keep a boat on a rack in one of
those facilities.

--
Save America - Defeat Bush!

Gould 0738 August 19th 04 03:37 PM

Sobering stuff. The used market will be flooded with "project boats"
for a few years, alas.

R.

Too bad there isn't a way to "brand" a boat, as we do cars and trucks that have
been totalled and rebuilt. There is nothing wrong with salvaging and repairing
a boat, but the history should always be disclosed to subsequent buyers.

An adult can decide whether to assume any possible risk with a a rebuild, and
if properly informed about previous damage that same adult can be alert to more
thoroughly examine and survey the boat prior to purchase.

LaBomba182 August 19th 04 03:49 PM

Subject: Boats crushed on Pine Island Sound

How are things at John's Pass?

If you are talking about the John's Pass in the St. Pete area, my guess is that
it's just fine. The Hurricane hit well south of that area.

Capt. Bill

basskisser August 19th 04 07:04 PM

(LaBomba182) wrote in message ...

How are things at John's Pass?

If you are talking about the John's Pass in the St. Pete area, my guess is that
it's just fine. The Hurricane hit well south of that area.

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again, I was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of the most
damaged areas.

bb August 19th 04 07:46 PM

On 19 Aug 2004 11:04:25 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again, I was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of the most
damaged areas.

St. Pete and Pinellas didn't get anything. Arcadia is NE of
Charlotte Harbor, where the storm came ashore. As the storm was
heading NE, Arcadia got slammed.

bb

basskisser August 19th 04 10:47 PM

bb wrote in message . ..
On 19 Aug 2004 11:04:25 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again, I was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of the most
damaged areas.

St. Pete and Pinellas didn't get anything. Arcadia is NE of
Charlotte Harbor, where the storm came ashore. As the storm was
heading NE, Arcadia got slammed.

bb

That's a shame, there are a lot of poor working people in that area.

jim-- August 19th 04 10:50 PM

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
bb wrote in message
. ..
On 19 Aug 2004 11:04:25 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again, I was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of the most
damaged areas.

St. Pete and Pinellas didn't get anything. Arcadia is NE of
Charlotte Harbor, where the storm came ashore. As the storm was
heading NE, Arcadia got slammed.

bb

That's a shame, there are a lot of poor working people in that area.

Any areas where a lot of poor people are not working Bass?