Comcast News

Bill,
My guess is no charity organization is comprised solely of atheist. I think
you have let jps, basskisser and Harry get to you with their bashing of
Christians. While I enjoy tweaking the 3 of them, I never let anything they
say effect me. They are not worth the effort of getting riled.

I think most non Christians, deist, agnostics etc. do not resent Christians
or any other religion. They do not want the government to support anyone
religion, and neither did the founding fathers. They may not follow your
beliefs, but they do not attack your religion.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

"Comcast News" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:43:41 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:
Idiot! I ask a valid question. Many of these same people are always
knocking religion. Maybe you are one of those people? I ask the

valid
question. If Atheism is so good, where is the good being done by

them?

Bill,

There are many non religious trust funds set up by Philanthropist, some

by
Christians, some by Jews, some by Muslims, some by agnostics, and some

by
atheists. One's desire to help others is not limited to Christians or

the religious. Your frustration at those who to like to demean your
religious beliefs is understandable, but don't let yourself stoop to

their
level. I have noticed there are some in here like to group all

religious
Christians into the same category as a person who would kill a doctor

who
performs abortions. They are not worth your effort to respond. I
personally believe that God has a special place in hell for some of the

TV
ministers (i.e. Robert Tilton) who profess to be Christians but whose
actions do not follow Jesus' teachings.

I just want the answer to how many Atheists have organized help for the

poor
and downtrodden? I am not a religious person, but am married to a

Catholic.
I do believe there may be a "God" or some such as you only have to look at
the earth and look up to the stars, and wonder where it all comes from. I
have problems with lots of religions, but as one of my professors in

college
stated (he was a Humanist), without the normal religious guidance we would
not have a very civil world.