BoatBanter.com

-   -   Swift Boat Liars (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21159-swift-boat-liars.html)

Calif Bill August 9th 04 05:48 AM

Swift Boat Liars

Same as a fighter squadren. You knew tho was good, who was weak, and what
the others did. You did not have to be in the same plane. They worked
along side the boat, these were not all solo missions.
Bill

"jps" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"jps" wrote in message

.....Having never served, you still think
someone would have to have been on exactly the same boat in order to

have
any comprehension of the circumstances.

"They served on similar boats at the same time in the same area."

NOT on the same boat.

See above.

Would anyone know you as well as your own men, if you had commanded that
swift boat?

Nope.

And he has every man who served with and under him on his side.

Doesn't lend much credibility to you Republican shills.

jps

Gould 0738 August 9th 04 06:07 AM

Swift Boat Liars

Same as a fighter squadren. You knew tho was good, who was weak, and what
the others did. You did not have to be in the same plane. They worked
along side the boat, these were not all solo missions.
Bill

Let's see here. Six guys per boat. 250 people swearing they say Kerry do this,
Kerry do that.....(oh, make that 249 because his Commander got a guilty
conscience and stated that he regrets signing the paper shoved in front of
him).

That comes to over 40 boats. Bill, that's not a "mission", that's an armada.

Really support our troops. Join "Soldiers for The Truth". http://www.sftt.org/

jps August 9th 04 06:18 AM

Swift Boat Liars

In article . net,
says...
Go look it up.

The current Drudge Report front page has this article present.

It is as was posted by this other user.

How hard is it for you to check for yourself, Jim?

Dennis was trying to prove how fair and balanced he is.

A very thin veil.

jps

Calif Bill August 9th 04 07:02 AM

Swift Boat Liars

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Same as a fighter squadren. You knew tho was good, who was weak, and

what
the others did. You did not have to be in the same plane. They worked
along side the boat, these were not all solo missions.
Bill

Let's see here. Six guys per boat. 250 people swearing they say Kerry do

this,
Kerry do that.....(oh, make that 249 because his Commander got a guilty
conscience and stated that he regrets signing the paper shoved in front of
him).

That comes to over 40 boats. Bill, that's not a "mission", that's an

armada.

Really support our troops. Join "Soldiers for The Truth".

http://www.sftt.org/

They did not all work the same place at the same time, but I bet they worked
in teams a lot of the time. If the boat took a disabling hit, they would be
toast if a single boat. Same as a wing man in the air force or naval air.
I have a buddy who was shot down a couple of times (Marine pilot), and he
states the buddies check out damage and flew cover. I would bery much
presume the same for boats.
Bill

thunder August 9th 04 08:17 AM

Swift Boat Liars

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:38:18 -0400, John Gaquin wrote:

I seem to recall from the primary campaign that there was at least one
crewman of his who takes exception to the general descriptives.
Obviously, he's not part of the traveling roadshow.

Correct, 9 out of 10 support Kerry. There is a lone exception:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...599034,00.html

jim-- August 9th 04 11:51 AM

Swift Boat Liars

"Karl Denninger" wrote in message
ink.net...
Go look it up.

The current Drudge Report front page has this article present.

It is as was posted by this other user.

How hard is it for you to check for yourself, Jim?

That is not the point. The point is that the link should be posted. Krause
has altered work in the past to fit his agenda and posted it as the original
writing by the author.

Also, there is no need to post the entire article. He can post a few
important paragraphs, a link and a comment on them and move on.

jim-- August 9th 04 12:08 PM

Swift Boat Liars

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
jim-- wrote:

"Karl Denninger" wrote in message
ink.net...
Go look it up.

The current Drudge Report front page has this article present.

It is as was posted by this other user.

How hard is it for you to check for yourself, Jim?

Krause
has altered work in the past to fit his agenda and posted it as the
original
writing by the author.

Yawn.

Sort of sums up your ethics quite nicely, eh Krause?

Gould 0738 August 9th 04 04:06 PM

Swift Boat Liars

They did not all work the same place at the same time, but I bet they worked
in teams a lot of the time. If the boat took a disabling hit, they would be
toast if a single boat. Same as a wing man in the air force or naval air.
I have a buddy who was shot down a couple of times (Marine pilot), and he
states the buddies check out damage and flew cover. I would bery much
presume the same for boats.
Bill

Yes, the swift boats were often deployed in
small groups.

The problem with your Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth is that they make some
specific charges about specific actions that Kerry supposedly took during
combat.
Most of the 249 guys were not there. The men who actually served on Kerry's
boat not only say "That's horse****!", they are campaigning for him.

For example:

On Friday I heard two different radio interviews.

The first was 2-3 guys from Swift Boat Veterans for (distorting the) Truth.
They all claimed to have been on the scene when Kerry turned his boat around to
pick the guy out of the water. They said that Kerry's boat was never under fire
at any time during the engagement, that another boat was hit instead, and that
Kerry sped off and (basically) "hid" until he was sure the
area was safe.

The second was with the guy that was pulled out of the water. It turns out, the
guy was *not* actually part of Kerry's crew. He was Army, a Green Beret. The
Special Forces used to get ferried into various areas by swift boats, and that
was Kerry's mission on the day in question.

According to the Green Beret, they were proceeding up the river when they came
under heavy small arms fire. The bow gunner's weapon was disabled by hostile
fire, and the soldier was going forward with
another weapon when a mortar rocked the boat, throwing Kerry against some
machinery and tossing the soldier overboard. By the time Kerry got back to the
helm, the boat was a little distance away from the MOB. According to the guy
who was in the water, Kerry turned the boat around (while the small arms fire
from both banks continued) and recovered him.
He was a sitting duck in that river, and he credits Kerry for saving his life.

So, ladies and gentleman of the jury, we have two stories to consider. One
version of events is being related by a much larger group, but nearly all of
them were *somewhere else* when the events occured. The other version of events
is being related, very consistently, by everybody who was actually on board the
boat in question and substantiated by the
guy who was pulled out of the river.

Since none of us were there, it becomes a judgment call. Do we believe 200,
2000, or
20000 people who *weren't there* either?
Or do we have to conclude (even if our politics cause us to wish it were
otherwise)
that the people who were actually on the scene can give a better and more
accurate account of events?

What's that Faux News slogan? "We distort, so you'll divide".

Jeff Rigby August 9th 04 06:39 PM

Swift Boat Liars

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Funny I heard that one of our mines went off near Kerry's swift boat

(that's how he got shrapnel scratch on arm), the man fell overboard and
Kerry turned around and picked him up. All the while suppression fire was
targeted on the beach from the boats. They found out later that there was
no enemy to suppress. It doesn't change the fact that Kerry THOUGHT there
was fire from shore. That it was a brave thing he did. My only criticisim
was he applied for and got a purple heart.

Bert Robbins August 10th 04 02:19 AM

Swift Boat Liars

Gould, you are blind. Open your eyes. The guys on Kerry's boat most likely
got stuck there because they couldn't transfer off due to nobody wanting to
transfer onto Kerry's boat. Kerry never went anywhere alone on his boat.
There was always somebody covering his six or he was covering somebody
else's six. What is telling is that the CO's of the other boats didn't trust
Kerry covering their six. If you are not trusted to cover someone's six then
you are really a screw up.