BoatBanter.com

-   -   Swift Boat Liars (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21159-swift-boat-liars.html)

John Gaquin August 8th 04 10:32 PM

Swift Boat Liars

"jps" wrote in message

.....Having never served, you still think
someone would have to have been on exactly the same boat in order to

have
any comprehension of the circumstances.

"They served on similar boats at the same time in the same area."

NOT on the same boat.

See above.

jps August 8th 04 11:19 PM

Swift Boat Liars

In article ,
says...

"jps" wrote in message

.....Having never served, you still think
someone would have to have been on exactly the same boat in order to

have
any comprehension of the circumstances.

"They served on similar boats at the same time in the same area."

NOT on the same boat.

See above.

Would anyone know you as well as your own men, if you had commanded that
swift boat?

Nope.

And he has every man who served with and under him on his side.

Doesn't lend much credibility to you Republican shills.

jps

Harry Krause August 8th 04 11:37 PM

Swift Boat Liars

John Gaquin wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

Would anyone know you as well as your own men, if you had commanded that
swift boat?

Nope.

Not necessarily so. Without commenting one way or the other on anything
that transpired on Kerry's boat, I would point out that *if*, and I
emphasize *if*, anything untoward did take place, the whole crew would have
the highest incentive to keep their stories congruent.

Sort of like the Bush White House, eh? Except, of course, that Bush
neither knows the meaning of congruent nor could he pronounce it.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -

John Gaquin August 8th 04 11:38 PM

Swift Boat Liars

"jps" wrote in message

Would anyone know you as well as your own men, if you had commanded that
swift boat?

Nope.

Not necessarily so. Without commenting one way or the other on anything
that transpired on Kerry's boat, I would point out that *if*, and I
emphasize *if*, anything untoward did take place, the whole crew would have
the highest incentive to keep their stories congruent.

And he has every man who served with and under him on his side.

I seem to recall from the primary campaign that there was at least one
crewman of his who takes exception to the general descriptives. Obviously,
he's not part of the traveling roadshow.

John Gaquin August 8th 04 11:43 PM

Swift Boat Liars

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Not necessarily so. Without commenting one way or the other on anything
that transpired on Kerry's boat, I would point out that *if*, and I
emphasize *if*, anything untoward did take place, the whole crew would

have
the highest incentive to keep their stories congruent.

Sort of like the Bush White House, eh?

.....or perhaps the national HQ of most large unions, eh?

Harry Krause August 8th 04 11:56 PM

Swift Boat Liars

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Not necessarily so. Without commenting one way or the other on anything
that transpired on Kerry's boat, I would point out that *if*, and I
emphasize *if*, anything untoward did take place, the whole crew would

have
the highest incentive to keep their stories congruent.

Sort of like the Bush White House, eh?

....or perhaps the national HQ of most large unions, eh?

Nope. I attend lots of meetings of international unions, and the
dicussions are more than lively. And if on rare occasion, the guy at the
top is dipping into the collection plate, it usually is one of the other
officers or senior staff members who turns him in.

Oh...and the part you left off...that Bush wouldn't know the meaning of
the word congruent or be able to pronounce it...

Most presidents of international unions these days are very bright, and
woulc know the meaning of congruent and be able to pronounce it.
Several of them would be more capable presidents of the United States
than George W. Bush.

Harry Krause August 9th 04 02:07 AM

Swift Boat Liars

WaIIy wrote:
On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:48:21 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

John Gaquin wrote:
"jps" wrote in message

For all you who served in the military,

We now have two groups of swift boat veterans making contradictory
statements, neither group necessarily being more or less credible than the
other.

Bull****. The "anti-kerry" group is bought and paid for by the same GOP
slimeballs that went after John McCain in 2000; they're liars, they have
no credibility, and they can't keep their stories straight. Further,
NONE of them served on Kerry's boat, and therefore have no immediate
knowledge of what happened.

Nice try, though. I'm sure many braindead Repubs will believe your
latest bull****.

SWIFT OFFICERS AND VETS: KERRY LIED ABOUT SPENDING CHRISTMAS IN CAMBODIA

**Exclusive**

DRUDGE has learned from the accounts of Swift Boat officers and Kerry’s
crewmembers that Kerry was never in Cambodia. UNFIT FOR COMMAND authors
charge that Kerry made it all up.

Matt Drudge...hehehe.
It's amazing to me that our government and former GIs maintain that we
didn't go into Cambodia, and on a regular basis. We did, and we did.

jim--- August 9th 04 02:07 AM

Swift Boat Liars

These cut and paste posts carry no validity.

1. You have violated copyright laws by reproducing and posting an entire
article

2. You give no link to the reported story you cut and pasted.

You have been caught editing articles so they meet your agenda. In those
cases, as with this one, you failed to provide a link to the story you
*quoted*.

Post the sections of the article you want to highlight, post a link to the
entire article, then comment on it and make the point you wish to make.

Failing to do so gives you and your cut and paste posts zero credibility.

wrote:

John Gaquin wrote:
"jps" wrote in message

For all you who served in the military,

We now have two groups of swift boat veterans making contradictory
statements, neither group necessarily being more or less credible than the
other.

Bull****. The "anti-kerry" group is bought and paid for by the same GOP
slimeballs that went after John McCain in 2000; they're liars, they have
no credibility, and they can't keep their stories straight. Further,
NONE of them served on Kerry's boat, and therefore have no immediate
knowledge of what happened.

Nice try, though. I'm sure many braindead Repubs will believe your
latest bull****.

SWIFT OFFICERS AND VETS: KERRY LIED ABOUT SPENDING CHRISTMAS IN CAMBODIA

**Exclusive**

Since the early 1970s, Kerry has spoken and written of how he was
illegally ordered to enter Cambodia. Kerry mentioned it in the floor of
the Senate in 1986 when he charged that President Reagan’s actions in
Central America were leading the U.S. in another Vietnam. Here’s what he
said as excerpted from the new book, UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I
remember what it was like to be shot at by the Vietnamese and Khmer
Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States
telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in
Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared--seared--in me.

DRUDGE has learned from the accounts of Swift Boat officers and Kerry’s
crewmembers that Kerry was never in Cambodia. UNFIT FOR COMMAND authors
charge that Kerry made it all up.

“Despite the dramatic memories of his Christmas in Cambodia, Kerry’s
statements are complete lies,” according to John O’Neil, co-author and
the Swift Boat commander who took over Kerry’s boat. “Kerry was never in
Cambodia during Christmas 1968, or at all during the Vietnam War. . . .
he was more than fifty miles away from Cambodia.”

Kerry was stationed at Coastal Division 13 in Cat Lo. Coastal Division
13’s patrol areas extended to Sa Dec, about 55 miles from the Cambodian
border. . . . Tom Anderson, Commander of River Division 531, who was in
charge of PBRs (small river patrol crafts] confirmed that there were no
Swifts anywhere in the area and they would have been stopped had they
appeared.

All the living commanders in Kerry’s chain of command . . . deny that
Kerry was ever ordered to Cambodia. They indicate that Kerry would have
been seriously disciplined or court-martialed had he gone there. At
least three of the five crewmen on Kerry’s boat, Bill Zaldonis, Steven
Hatch, and Steve Gardner, deny that they or their boat were ever in
Cambodia.

O’Neill observed that the Cambodia incursion story is not included in
Tour of Duty (Kerry’s recent biography). Instead, Kerry replaced the
story with a report about a mortar attack that occurred on Christmas Eve
1968 “near the Cambodian border” in a town called Sa Dec and Christmas
day was spent at the base writing entries in his journal.

After conducting interviews and research, authors of Unfit for Command
conclude, “The truth is that Kerry made up his secret mission into
Cambodia.... the lie about the illegal Cambodian incursion painted his
superiors up the chain of command. . . . as villains faced down by John
Kerry, a solitary hero in grave and exotic danger and forced illegally
against his will into harm’s way.”

Developing...

Karl Denninger August 9th 04 04:35 AM

Swift Boat Liars

Go look it up.

The current Drudge Report front page has this article present.

It is as was posted by this other user.

How hard is it for you to check for yourself, Jim?

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://boaterforum.com Talk about Boating online - any topic, any time!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!

John Gaquin August 9th 04 04:56 AM

Swift Boat Liars

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Nope. I attend lots of meetings of international unions, and the
dicussions are more than lively. And if on rare occasion, the guy at the
top is dipping into the collection plate, it usually is one of the other
officers or senior staff members who turns him in.

Going for a fiction award now, eh?

Most presidents of international unions these days are very bright, and
woulc know the meaning of congruent and be able to pronounce it.

The most successful of professional thieves are invariably quite bright.