BoatBanter.com

-   -   Swift Boat Liars (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21159-swift-boat-liars.html)

DSK August 6th 04 02:34 PM

Swift Boat Liars

WaIIy wrote:
Uhhh, they never claimed to be on the same boat.

No, but that claim has often been made for them

Have you seen the ranks and medals of these people.

Yes, and I have also seen some of the evals some of them wrote for Kerry
at the time. Either they were lying then, or they were lying now.

They are all liars??

No they are all paid shills for Bush. Their statements should be of the
same import & moment as a Pepsi ad.

Its funny how they *say* they want to make their statements as a "public
service" but then, Kerry has been in the Senate for how many years?
without any of them saying diddley. Now all of a sudden they are
shilling for Bush, and doing so through an organization that takes
donations for political advertising. It's also a bit funny how none of
them have anything to say about Bush's service (or notable lack thereof).

Nobody would have said boo, but Kerry trots out his four months as if he
won WW2.

Agreed, I'm kind of tired of hearing about it. But it is emphasized far
more by the Bush/Cheney camp than by Kerry, so you can't blame him for
that... well, you can but it would be stupid...

You reap what you sow.

If that were entirely true, then FOX news would run bi-weekly 2-hour
documentaries on Bush's DUIs, his AWOL, his executive orders about
ultra-secrecy for his & Cheney's papers & memos, Cheney's finagling to
get Halliburton all those no-bid contracts & the overcharges, kickbacks,
and lost inventory ensuing, etc etc.... oh wait, those are all true, if
it were "reaping what you sow" it would have to be something trumped-up...

DSK

Karl Denninger August 6th 04 03:49 PM

Media Matters distortions [[ Swift Boat Liars]]

In article ,
jps wrote:

For all you who served in the military, have a look at what the GOP is
unleashing against Kerry.

Thank God there are good folks like John McCain who'll stand up to the
bull****, no matter the source.

jps

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408050007

The cited web "report" is from a left-wing attack group which has led the
charge in partisan political abuse and fraud upon the public through the
public airwaves and media.

These are the same people who have tried to remove Rush Limbaugh from the
Armed Forces Radio Network, charging that there are no "liberal voices" on
AFRN.

Of course they completely ignore NPR, which is about as left-wing as you can
find anywhere, and is also carried on AFRN.

They further ignore the fact that Limbaugh was installed on AFRN AT THE
REQUEST OF SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN WHO WANTED TO HEAR HIM.

Gee, something's wrong with catering to those who are your "customers"?

I guess so - if you're a lefty.

Nothing "Media Matters" says or does is unbiased or fair. Indeed, their
entire purpose is to attack any conservative viewpoint.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://boaterforum.com Talk about Boating online - any topic, any time!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!

DSK August 6th 04 03:58 PM

Karl Denninger wrote:
These are the same people who have tried to remove Rush Limbaugh from the
Armed Forces Radio Network, charging that there are no "liberal voices" on
AFRN.

You have to be a right-wing whacko to think that NPR is left-wing. It is
as balanced and unbiased as any media can get.

Of course you think otherwise, the voices on right-wing hate radio tell
you so. But they don't tell you that NPR carries many of President
Bush's speeches, interviews with General Tommy Franks, etc etc. Boy talk
about a leftist agenda!

DSK

bb August 6th 04 04:19 PM

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:58:31 -0400, DSK wrote:

You have to be a right-wing whacko to think that NPR is left-wing. It is
as balanced and unbiased as any media can get.

The big problem with NPR is that they also give the left wing
perspective. In order to be unbiased they need to only give the right
wing version.

bb

jim-- August 6th 04 04:24 PM

Karl Denninger wrote:
These are the same people who have tried to remove Rush Limbaugh from

the
Armed Forces Radio Network, charging that there are no "liberal voices"

on
AFRN.

You have to be a right-wing whacko to think that NPR is left-wing. It is
as balanced and unbiased as any media can get.

Of course you think otherwise, the voices on right-wing hate radio tell
you so. But they don't tell you that NPR carries many of President
Bush's speeches, interviews with General Tommy Franks, etc etc. Boy talk
about a leftist agenda!

DSK

Update on Swift Boat liars:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...cism_of_kerry/

An excerpt:

But yesterday, a key figure in the anti-Kerry campaign, Kerry's former
commanding officer, backed off one of the key contentions. Lieutenant
Commander George Elliott said in an interview that he had made a
''terrible mistake" in signing an affidavit that suggests Kerry did
not deserve the Silver Star -- one of the main allegations in the
book. The affidavit was given to The Boston Globe by the anti-Kerry
group to justify assertions in their ad and book.

Elliott is quoted as saying that Kerry ''lied about what occurred in
Vietnam . . . for example, in connection with his Silver Star, I was
never informed that he had simply shot a wounded, fleeing Viet Cong in
the back."

The statement refers to an episode in which Kerry killed a Viet Cong
soldier who had been carrying a rocket launcher, part of a chain of
events that formed the basis of his Silver Star. Over time, some Kerry
critics have questioned whether the soldier posed a danger to Kerry's
crew. Crew members have said Kerry's actions saved their lives.

Yesterday, reached at his home, Elliott said he regretted signing the
affidavit and said he still thinks Kerry deserved the Silver Star.

''I still don't think he shot the guy in the back," Elliott said. ''It
was a terrible mistake probably for me to sign the affidavit with
those words. I'm the one in trouble here."

So? What does any of his 4 months in service 30+ years ago have to do with
his ability to serve the Country as POTUS and why is Kerry making it the
foundation of his campaign?

Seems that his record as Senator over the past 20 years is more
important...but he seems to skip over that.

Very telling.

Gould 0738 August 6th 04 04:36 PM

Media Matters distortions [[ Swift Boat Liars]]

The big problem with NPR is that they also give the left wing
perspective. In order to be unbiased they need to only give the right
wing version.

bb

I think that's what p's off the conservatives.
The RW position is most often based on emotion, and that doesn't fare so well
when contrasted with logical analysis.

Gould 0738 August 6th 04 04:38 PM

Media Matters distortions [[ Swift Boat Liars]]

Yesterday, reached at his home, Elliott said he regretted signing the
affidavit and said he still thinks Kerry deserved the Silver Star.

''I still don't think he shot the guy in the back," Elliott said. ''It
was a terrible mistake probably for me to sign the affidavit with
those words. I'm the one in trouble here."

IOW, Elliott's conscience has been working on him. "I shouldn't have signed
that"? That phrase indicates his statement was already prepared for him, rather
than
an actual expression of personal opinon.

Typical in cases like this.

Karl Denninger August 6th 04 05:42 PM

DSK wrote:

Karl Denninger wrote:
These are the same people who have tried to remove Rush Limbaugh from the
Armed Forces Radio Network, charging that there are no "liberal voices" on
AFRN.

You have to be a right-wing whacko to think that NPR is left-wing. It is
as balanced and unbiased as any media can get.

Of course you think otherwise, the voices on right-wing hate radio tell
you so. But they don't tell you that NPR carries many of President
Bush's speeches, interviews with General Tommy Franks, etc etc. Boy talk
about a leftist agenda!

DSK

NPR is widely-acknowledged as being a left-wing media outlet by virtually
everyone - and worse, its funded by taxpayer money.

It'd be one thing if they could "make it" on their own. But of course they
can't and don't.

The point here is not about NPR, however.

Its that this "Media Matters" group is hardly non-partisan - nor do they
"stand for truth."

Attempting to ENFORCE CENSORSHIP is not a democratic practice. It is the
practice of someone who is afraid of someone's speech.

IBNFSHN August 6th 04 05:59 PM

Swift Boat Liars

There it is! I knew I would find the word "boat" if I looked hard enough.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:34:37 -0400, DSK wrote:

Nobody would have said boo, but Kerry trots out his four months as if

he
won WW2.

Agreed, I'm kind of tired of hearing about it. But it is emphasized far
more by the Bush/Cheney camp than by Kerry, so you can't blame him for
that... well, you can but it would be stupid...

You must be kidding.

Kerry's crossing the Delaware boat trip to the convention was pathetic.

Karl Denninger August 6th 04 06:06 PM

In article , jim-- wrote:

So? What does any of his 4 months in service 30+ years ago have to do with
his ability to serve the Country as POTUS and why is Kerry making it the
foundation of his campaign?

Seems that his record as Senator over the past 20 years is more
important...but he seems to skip over that.

Very telling.

Actually, Kerry's admission, which was widely recorded and televised, in his
own words, that he committed atrocities while in Vietnam definitely bears on
his fitness to be the commander-in-chief.

That, all by itself, disqualifies him from office.