Sam

Default Practice Buoys - How to avoide rope in prop??

....screw the "owner" for being a prick.....

BUTTTTTTTTT.....

please dont just cut the line off a such a trap and leave.....

that trap will CONTINUE to trap and kill (for no good reason) marine life until
it falls apart.....for YEARS perhaps.....

If your ****ed that you got fouled in a trap and want to "show the owner a
lesson".....at least pull the trap up and tear the SOB thing apart before you
throw it back in the water.....no use making the innocent marine life suffer
for no good reason as well!

take care

Blll

That lost traps keep killing until they fall apart was my first
thought.Most traps are baited with dead critters and as long as live
ones keep getting trapped and die...it's like a perpetual motion
vicious circle deja vue black hole death machine.
That these guys are only trying to make a living is my second. Most of
the crabbers around here have been doing it for generations but for
the most part they're still a sorry looking lot. I don't think they
make much money for the effort they put in and I can't think of much
else they could or can do.They all have families to feed.They are sort
of like farmers,working with nature to produce food for a living, but
they sure don't **** up the environment like farmers do.They don't
come to your jobsite and vandalize the place, don't do it to them.
My third thought is maybe use some rocks for weights with some light
biodegradable cotten string or twine tied to milk jugs as practice
bouys.
Calif Bill

Most traps, if like West Coast crab traps, only will catch for a couple of
weeks at most. They have to have an escape hatch, with biodegradable string
tying it closed. after a couple of weeks in the water, the line breaks, and
leaves an escape hole.
Bill

"Sam" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Sam

"Calif Bill" wrote in message link.net...
Most traps, if like West Coast crab traps, only will catch for a couple of
weeks at most. They have to have an escape hatch, with biodegradable string
tying it closed. after a couple of weeks in the water, the line breaks, and
leaves an escape hole.
Bill

I thought that was real sensible so I asked around.They have an access
door, but no "escape hatch" and they don't use no steenking string
here,they use bungee cords to secure it,which apparently lasts a
pretty long time.

Wayne.B

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:14:36 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Maybe you ought to ask the Fish and Game people why they do not require
escape holes like the West Coast crab traps.

I was once told by a lobsterman in the north east that they are
required to have an escape hatch secured by rapidly degradable string.

prop advise needed Gregory McGuire General 3 July 7th 04 01:25 AM
Prop christopher krigbaum General 4 June 26th 04 01:07 PM
Volvo 270 outdrive prop cone replacement? Bob General 5 May 18th 04 08:57 PM
Removing lower unit from 40 hp Johnson outboard - Help? Brian Silver General 9 September 29th 03 06:17 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM