Sonny H

Default Bad U-Joints?!

I have a '93 4.3 Alfa one.

When motor is idling I hear a "roar" no clicking, or knocking. could
this be the universal joints going bad?
comments/opinion?
Thanks

Joe Blizzard

"Sonny H" wrote
When motor is idling I hear a "roar" no clicking, or knocking.
could this be the universal joints going bad?

I'd expect a bad u-joint to be more of a pop or clunk. Bearings roar. My
moderately bad gimbal bearing produced sort of a low rumble, that I didn't
really notice until it wasn't there any more after the replacement.