Default 250,000 bikers converging on Stergis

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:25:17 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:02:58 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 21:32:22 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:34:04 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:45:52 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 07:42:44 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 00:35:08 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 19:37:54 -0400, John wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 15:56:39 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

What covid go wrong?

lol!

Maybe they will keep their helmets on with the face shield. I saw some
chick on a Japanese crotch rocket do that at Publix the other day.
Nobody said a word.

All we bikers agree that full-face helmets are the best protection, along with
leather jackets, jeans, and gloves.

I see that now and then here but in the summer that must be pretty
damned hot, particularly in stop and go traffic.

Yes, it can get hot, but not nearly as hot as sliding on asphalt at 60mph.

If I had to acknowledge that riding was that dangerous, I would stop.
;-)

Riding isn't dangerous. Crashing is dangerous, just as it is in an automobile.

I don't wear a helmet and leathers in my car either and it is air
conditioned. ;-)

No, but there are a hell of a lot of busted windshields and people who should
have been wearing a helmet.

Have you ever watched a NASCAR, or any other race?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:35:03 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:07:35 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 21:26:10 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:29:25 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:49:42 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 07:43:59 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:20:55 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 15:10:46 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

Most of the Sturgis crowd wear do-rags and brain buckets.

Just pull that do-rag over your mouth and you are Herring Safe.

Greggie! You are the one who first brought up 'do-rags', or do you forget?

I've never promoted them, and I don't think anyone else here has done so.

It is still "acceptable" by the mask nazis and why I say the rules are
too ambagious to mean anything. If we are going to use statistics to
prove "masks work" and most, even you admit are a joke, how good is
the study? I would say the number of real respirators I see here is
far less than 10% and that is the standard the NIH is using.

Greg! The only study I said was a joke was the one you presented. Remember?

The CDC, as you've been shown multiple times, has put out guidelines on masks.
You refuse to acknowledge same, so you keep on with your 'rules are ambiguous'
bull****. A respirator is a device to keep the wearer from inhaling dangerous
substances. You shouldn't be seeing *anyone* wearing a respirator unless you're
wandering the halls of your local hospital!

OK I will go slow.

Are Bandanas a joke?
If so how about a neck gaiter?
That is what I was talking about and they are very commonly
represented as "masks" and perfectly legal under a flawed law.

My next question. What do you think the average mask people have been
reusing for a month or more would look like if we cultured it?
Sounds like a science fair project to me.
Yeah I know, you swear you wash yours and dry it every time but I
doubt 10% of the people actually do.
This is a fad we will all laugh about in a couple years.

Given the attitudes and actions of those folks living around you, I doubt if
they do wash them. Washing them continuously isn't necessary unless you're
carrying the virus. Since you may be an unknowing carrier, you should wear and
wash it regularly.

In other words, use a bit of common sense.

I am just saying people are getting mask fatigue and that regimen is
slipping away. I bet the kid at Publix has never washed his mask and
he wears it 9 hours a day. I know some are looking pretty dingy.
It would still be interesting to culture a few and see exactly what is
growing in there. It might not be covid but there are hundreds of
bacteria and viruses that can make you sick, irritate your skin or
contaminate your hands.
I understand 20 years of Army discipline may have you doing all the
right things but folks like you are about 0.5% of the population. I
even catch myself not hand sanitizing as much as I was and I am
somewhat to a germaphobe according to my friends.

I've not seen anybody in any store here without a mask. Every shop I've been in
requires a mask for entry. I keep two or three hanging from my turn signal
stalk. No big deal. You keep making statements about the folks down there. Maybe
those folks don't have enough sense to wash their masks. And maybe their masks
are full of the virus. That's OK. The purpose of the mask is to help prevent the
spread to *others*.

If I see someone making a deal about not wearing a mask into a store, I'll think
he's an asshole. Amen.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:40:43 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/11/20 11:23 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:48:40 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/11/20 6:14 PM, Bill wrote:
Justan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I guess you think the pandemic is over and its time to relax the protocol.

Maybe we need more exposure, we were to flatten the curve, not eliminate
the virus with shelter in place and masks.

Sounds risky.

Life is risky. It is a terminal condition none of us will survive.

Are you willing to try the russian vaccine?

Isn't there a roulette game with the same name?

Correct
No
Yes

Yup!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:14:10 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:40:43 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am only reporting what I see and the news people must be seeing the
same thing because I see it on the news too. People, particularly
young people are getting covid fatigue. You can shoot the messenger if
you like but I would start with the network news.

I have said many times this thing won't be over until the herd gets
immunity. The level recommended for it to stop seems to be reported as
~80% immune.
Until then the virus will have enough hosts to keep replicating. All
we have proved is if we can keep our knee on the neck of the economy
and not let people travel freely or assemble, we can hold the numbers
down. It is still ****ing on the fire.

Many young people in this country suffer from a lack of discipline. Some even
refuse to wear a mask. Dumb.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:21:18 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:45:15 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Maybe you should. Perhaps you've heard of defective or incorrectly installed
replacement airbags exploding and spewing shrapnel?

**** happens. Are you saying you would remove your airbag? I am
ambivalent about them. It might save someone now and then but you are
really threading the needle between an accident where they deploy and
the person would have been OK anyway without them and an accident
where the air bag ain't saving you. (like having a concrete mixer roll
over you).
In well over a million miles of driving, sometimes drunk or stoned
(back in the day) and most of the time speeding, I have never had an
accident that would have deployed an airbag.

If I lived in that kind of eternal fear of everything that might kill
me, I would carry a gun.

Would that stop an airbag from deploying?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Difference in bikes and cars as my wife stated about my bike. You never
fell off your race car.

Well, I've never heard of anyone just falling off their bike, unless they crash.
I've gone down once at 60mph and took a lot of skin off my shoulder. Stupidly,
I'd taken off the jacket as it was very hot. Did a lot of damage to the bike,
and absolutely ruined a nice helmet. Lucky.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

The difference is you not in the Course du BOC on Glebe Road, and I am
not driving 200MPH in NASCAR.

wrote:

[...]

Depends on where you shoot it ;-)

wrote:

[...]

That is the only place I got hurt on a bike ... twice.
(250 Benelli dirt bike)
I sold that sucker and bought a Harley.