John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default 250,000 bikers converging on Stergis

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:21:18 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:45:15 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/11/20 3:25 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:02:58 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 21:32:22 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:34:04 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:45:52 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 07:42:44 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 00:35:08 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 19:37:54 -0400, John wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 15:56:39 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

What covid go wrong?

lol!

Maybe they will keep their helmets on with the face shield. I saw some
chick on a Japanese crotch rocket do that at Publix the other day.
Nobody said a word.

All we bikers agree that full-face helmets are the best protection, along with
leather jackets, jeans, and gloves.

I see that now and then here but in the summer that must be pretty
damned hot, particularly in stop and go traffic.

Yes, it can get hot, but not nearly as hot as sliding on asphalt at 60mph.

If I had to acknowledge that riding was that dangerous, I would stop.
;-)

Riding isn't dangerous. Crashing is dangerous, just as it is in an automobile.

I don't wear a helmet and leathers in my car either and it is air
conditioned. ;-)

Maybe you should. Perhaps you've heard of defective or incorrectly installed
replacement airbags exploding and spewing shrapnel?

**** happens. Are you saying you would remove your airbag? I am
ambivalent about them. It might save someone now and then but you are
really threading the needle between an accident where they deploy and
the person would have been OK anyway without them and an accident
where the air bag ain't saving you. (like having a concrete mixer roll
over you).
In well over a million miles of driving, sometimes drunk or stoned
(back in the day) and most of the time speeding, I have never had an
accident that would have deployed an airbag.

If I lived in that kind of eternal fear of everything that might kill
me, I would carry a gun.

Would that stop an airbag from deploying?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!