Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 13th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Apr 2020
Posts: 15
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?


One of the things I always looked forward to during the glory days of RBP
was the occasional new story posted by Ken Strickland. Back then, "Pete's
Whitewater Page" kept an archive of Ken's stories, but that site seems to
be gone now.

Does anyone know if there's still an archive of Ken's stories somewhere?

Or where Ken himself is?

--
Melissa

  #2   Report Post  
Old May 14th 20, 03:04 AM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 1:52:53 PM UTC-5, Melissa wrote:
One of the things I always looked forward to during the glory days of RBP
was the occasional new story posted by Ken Strickland. Back then, "Pete's
Whitewater Page" kept an archive of Ken's stories, but that site seems to
be gone now.

Does anyone know if there's still an archive of Ken's stories somewhere?

Or where Ken himself is?

--
Melissa


Now THAT'S a name I have not heard in years!

Dunno, hope we can find them!

John Kuthe...
  #3   Report Post  
Old May 14th 20, 03:28 AM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Apr 2020
Posts: 15
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

Hello John, you wrote:

Now THAT'S a name I have not heard in years!


Dunno, hope we can find them!


Yeah, there are many I'd like to read again, and hopefully, some new ones
floating around somewhere.

His stories were wonderfully evocative, and whenever he posted a new one, it
was a great way to start my day.

I used to correspond with him via email, but lost his email address in a
great computer crash disaster some years ago.

--
"The ridiculous git has always been a lying, racist, misogynist
sack-o-**** vulgarian grifter without a humane bone in his body."

~ Melissa, describing the 45th President of The United States of
America, Donald J. Trump

"The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning
demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan
ego."

~ Michelle Goldberg -- opinion writer for the New York Times

"The smaller my footprint, the bigger the world around me becomes, and
the more filled with awe is my life."

~ Melissa
  #4   Report Post  
Old May 14th 20, 06:13 AM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 54
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

Melissa wrote:
Hello John, you wrote:


Now THAT'S a name I have not heard in years!


Dunno, hope we can find them!


Yeah, there are many I'd like to read again, and hopefully, some new ones
floating around somewhere.


His stories were wonderfully evocative, and whenever he posted a new one, it
was a great way to start my day.


I used to correspond with him via email, but lost his email address in a
great computer crash disaster some years ago.


--
"The ridiculous git has always been a lying, racist, misogynist
sack-o-**** vulgarian grifter without a humane bone in his body."


~ Melissa, describing the 45th President of The United States of
America, Donald J. Trump


"The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning
demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan
ego."


~ Michelle Goldberg -- opinion writer for the New York Times


"The smaller my footprint, the bigger the world around me becomes, and
the more filled with awe is my life."


~ Melissa


You know groups.google.com? You can look up by name or article there.

--
John Nelson
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)
  #5   Report Post  
Old May 14th 20, 09:42 PM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Apr 2020
Posts: 15
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

Hello John, you wrote:

You know groups.google.com? You can look up by name or article there.


Yes, thanks. In the past, I've tried to look up "Ken Strickland" (the name
displayed as "author" whenever he posted), and nothing came up. I wonder if
he used the "x-no-archive" instruction? Just tried again, and still no
results came up for his name.

--
Melissa


  #6   Report Post  
Old May 24th 20, 08:47 AM posted to rec.boats.paddle
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 54
Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

Melissa wrote:
Hello John, you wrote:


You know groups.google.com? You can look up by name or article there.


Yes, thanks. In the past, I've tried to look up "Ken Strickland" (the name
displayed as "author" whenever he posted), and nothing came up. I wonder if
he used the "x-no-archive" instruction? Just tried again, and still no
results came up for his name.


Try https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/rec$20boats$20paddle$20$20%22Ken$20Strickland%22

--
John Nelson
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone heard from Ken Strickland lately? watersprite[_2_] General 1 February 26th 11 05:06 AM
Archive of lines?? steamer Boat Building 5 October 17th 05 11:50 AM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid UK Power Boats 0 October 12th 03 02:31 PM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid Power Boat Racing 0 October 12th 03 01:52 PM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid General 0 October 12th 03 01:52 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017