posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Is there still an archive of Ken Strickland's stories?

One of the things I always looked forward to during the glory days of RBP
was the occasional new story posted by Ken Strickland. Back then, "Pete's
Whitewater Page" kept an archive of Ken's stories, but that site seems to
be gone now.

Does anyone know if there's still an archive of Ken's stories somewhere?

Or where Ken himself is?

--
Melissa
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 1:52:53 PM UTC-5, Melissa wrote:
One of the things I always looked forward to during the glory days of RBP
was the occasional new story posted by Ken Strickland. Back then, "Pete's
Whitewater Page" kept an archive of Ken's stories, but that site seems to
be gone now.

Does anyone know if there's still an archive of Ken's stories somewhere?

Or where Ken himself is?

--
Melissa

Now THAT'S a name I have not heard in years!

Dunno, hope we can find them!

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Hello John, you wrote:

Now THAT'S a name I have not heard in years!

Dunno, hope we can find them!

Yeah, there are many I'd like to read again, and hopefully, some new ones
floating around somewhere.

His stories were wonderfully evocative, and whenever he posted a new one, it
was a great way to start my day.

I used to correspond with him via email, but lost his email address in a
great computer crash disaster some years ago.

--
"The ridiculous git has always been a lying, racist, misogynist
sack-o-**** vulgarian grifter without a humane bone in his body."

~ Melissa, describing the 45th President of The United States of
America, Donald J. Trump

"The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning
demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan
ego."

~ Michelle Goldberg -- opinion writer for the New York Times

"The smaller my footprint, the bigger the world around me becomes, and
the more filled with awe is my life."

~ Melissa
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Melissa wrote:
Hello John, you wrote:

[...]

You know groups.google.com? You can look up by name or article there.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Hello John, you wrote:

You know groups.google.com? You can look up by name or article there.

Yes, thanks. In the past, I've tried to look up "Ken Strickland" (the name
displayed as "author" whenever he posted), and nothing came up. I wonder if
he used the "x-no-archive" instruction? Just tried again, and still no
results came up for his name.

--
Melissa

posted to rec.boats.paddle