Default Ventilators...Bad news

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients
--

===

Yes, I've seen similar reports from other sources. And those who do
survive usually have permanent lung damage. We really need to find a
treatment and/or vaccine for this thing. That will most likely take a
year or more however. The only good news I've found is that the rate
of new infections definitely seems to be slowing. You'd certainly
hope so with vast numbers of the populace under virtual house arrest.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 4/9/20 12:39 AM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

The Solent is a strait that separates the Isle of Wight from the
mainland of England.

In the movie of the same name, Soylent Green supposedly was a
portmanteau of soy and lentil, but in the film, Sol Roth and Robert
Thorn discover it is made in a factory from dead people.

Solent and Soylent ain't the same thing.

Had you paid attention in grammar school, you might have encountered
another interesting watery word...tombolo. We had one where we grew up.

On 4/9/2020 7:47 AM, John wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.

My brother wants to be cremated and have his ashes spread by someone
riding a motorcycle down the road.

I looked that up. Surprisingly, it's not illegal in MA.

https://www.avg.com

On 4/9/20 12:46 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

If you happened to fall asleep at night in our back yard, there'd be
nothing left in the morning. The neighborhood woodsy critters would take
care of everything.

On 4/9/20 7:54 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/9/2020 7:47 AM, John wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at
all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle?Â* Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.

My brother wants to be cremated and have his ashes spread by someone
riding a motorcycle down the road.

I looked that up.Â* Surprisingly, it's not illegal in MA.

Hell, you can't chop your father up in Massachusetts. Or so the song goes.