Default Ventilators...Bad news

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 07:47:47 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.

We have a good friend in the heavy equipment business, I am not that
formal ;-)

I am sure my wife and/or the family would want a more formal affair
tho. My daughter said if we were all buried in the yard, she could
never sell the house. ("Pet Sematary" thing) I said "good".

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:54:10 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/9/2020 7:47 AM, John wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.

My brother wants to be cremated and have his ashes spread by someone
riding a motorcycle down the road.

I looked that up. Surprisingly, it's not illegal in MA.

I don't think it is illegal anywhere. Ashes are considered sterile.
That is why nobody cares if you dump them in the water.

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:55:33 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/20 12:46 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

If you happened to fall asleep at night in our back yard, there'd be
nothing left in the morning. The neighborhood woodsy critters would take
care of everything.

Fire ants

wrote:

[...]

Same here. My wife wants Arlington. Well, I won't be around, so she can do what
she wants.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I never had the Arlington thing and my father who had a spot if he
wanted it, didn't either. Both of my parents wanted to be scattered in
the water around their home. My father went to the Gulf, my mother
went right off the dock out in back of her home. (her choice)

wrote:

[...]

Like my dad. Ashes scattered on Clear Lake, California. He lived there
for a long time of his retirement. My mom, divorced from dad, still loved
him, wanted her ashes scatter there also, but not in the water. So on a
steep hillside next to the road, overlooking the lake.

wrote:

[...]

I have a brother buried there (Silver Star), so maybe my wife will have me join
him. Who knows!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I am not eligible for Arlington but am eligible for any of the other
National Cemeteries.

Never knew much about them until Mrs.E's father passed away. A WWII
vet, he wanted to go to the National Cemetery on Cape Cod.

I was very impressed with the place. Well kept, well run and very
respectful of the deceased and family. He was Navy, so they had a
small Navy Honor Guard at the brief but inspiring ceremony at which
an American Flag, carefully folded properly, was presented to
his spouse. A few years later, she passed away and was buried with
him there. (The spouse of a deceased Vet is also eligible for burial
in a National Cemetery).

That's when I decided that when my time comes, that's where I'll go.

https://www.avg.com

John Wrote in message:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 20:19:34 -0400, wrote:On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 15:14:59 -0400, John wrote:On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 13:27:23 -0400, wrote:On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 07:47:47 -0400, John wrote:On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400, wrote:On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), wrote: On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote: Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/02/826105278/ventilators-are-no-panacea-for-critically-ill-covid-19-patients It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never regain consciousness. I just hope they honor my DNR. You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tellsanyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it couldtake a real long time for the government to miss me.Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.We have a good friend in the heavy equipment business, I am not thatformal ;-)I am sure my wife and/or the family would want a more formal affairtho. My daughter said if we were all buried in the yard, she couldnever sell the house. ("Pet Sematary" thing) I said "good".Same here. My wife wants Arlington. Well, I won't be around, so she can do whatshe wants.I never had the Arlington thing and my father who had a spot if hewanted it, didn't either. Both of my parents wanted to be scattered inthe water around their home. My father went to the Gulf, my motherwent right off the dock out in back of her home. (her choice)I have a brother buried there (Silver Star), so maybe my wife will have me joinhim. Who knows!--Freedom Isn't Free!

That would be quite an honor. Fat Harry's remains will likely be
stored in a mason jar in his beloved basement office. His name
inscribed with a Sharpie.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----