Default Way to go Ford/GE

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 17:26:38 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:46:45 -0400, John wrote:

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:44:21 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:36:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

While GM dragged their feet over contract issues, Ford in
partnership with GE Health got to work making ventilators.

Interesting concept.

After consultation with GE and with consideration to the
type of locations they will be used, they are going to
focus on a simple, proven design that is air powered
rather than by electricity. Reduces the complexity
and permits the ventilator to be used with a tank
of oxygen only.

Ford engineers visited GE and worked out some
manufacturing improvements that will allow GE
to also ramp up production.

Ford is setting up a manufacturing facility in
Michigan and expects to produce 50,000 ventilators
over the next 100 days.

Ford executive says it's the perfect combination of
company strengths and capabilities. GE has a
proven ventilator design and Ford has the expertise
in mass production.

Ford also said production rates will go up as required.

I think our biggest problem will be what to do with a half of a
million ventilators in a year or so when this blows over. Maybe Oprah
can give them away on her show. I bet there will be a glut of n-95
masks on the market too. That is a good thing tho. I was paying at
least, a couple bucks each for them last year.

Do you really think that will be our biggest problem? You sound much like Harry
with that kind of crap. As Trump said, if we have extras, there are lots of
countries in need.

I am trying not to think about the global financial collapse. People
have been telling me for a month that I was crazy even suggesting it.

BTW when this is over, the excessive need will be gone. I think we are
going to flood the world with this stuff once they get tooled up to
make it and the government is printing money to get it out the door.

Half a million ventilators will surely not cause a global financial collapse.
Will there be a financial collapse? Maybe. If so, you can say you predicted it
months ago. I don't remember you suggesting it, but if you say you did, and it
happens, you deserve the credit for predicting it.

I'm surprised Harry hasn't beat you to that prediction and blames it on Trump.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I am not seeing anything that looks any other possibility. Whether it
is an unrecoverable collapse is the only question.
With no end in sight of keeping our foot on the throat on the western
economy we have to consider the consequences. South Europe was
dragging down the Euro in a food economy with Germany propping it up.
The German finance minister just killed himself. You have to wonder
what that was all about.
I bet UK is happy they Brexited.
The big winner here is going to be China. Whether they have actually
controlled this virus or not, their official story is they are back
open for business.
The US, not so much and the predictions here are far fewer than half
of small business is going to survive. Bigger companies are likely to
be in trouble too if they can't make something the government is
buying. Other than that, if you can't buy it in a grocery store, drug
store or a liquor store, we are not buying it. The businesses are all
closed. I still think real unemployment is about 30% and I may be
guessing low once employers stop paying furloughed workers.

wrote:

[...]

And you predicted all this a month ago?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 20:56:35 -0400, John wrote:
And you predicted all this a month ago?

I'm sorry. 2 weeks and 4 days ago

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 20:03:17 -0400, Alex wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:46:28 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Adorable Deplorable Wrote in message:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:32:39 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11:18:01 AM UTC-4, John H wrote: ...that is the question! -- Freedom Isn't Free!Don't sell. Not unless you want to turn your short term losses into long term losses.The idea would be to get back in when, and if, things start improving. I'm not 'investor certified'though!--Freedom Isn't Free!
A 50% loss would result in the need to make a 100% gain to break
even, if you bought back the same stock at what you sold it for.
If the stock declined another 50% you could buy twice the amount
you sold but you'd still need a 100% gain to break
even.

If the stock rose 50% after you sold it would cost you 25% more to
buy it back. If the stock regained its original value it would
cost you twice as much as you sold it for, to buy it
back.

Numbers dont lie.

I suppose that means to hang on to it?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

And buy more!

snip stock thing

If they are really serious that we are going to hit stop on the
economic engine until they declare the virus is contained, the economy
might not start when we hit go.
The debt bomb we are all dreading may have gone off by then and we
will be in worse shape than 2008-9 with the central banks failing not
just AIG and Lehman.
I understand that is probably not going to happen but it isn't as
unrealistic as some of the predictions I am hearing about this virus.

wrote:

[...]

Greg is driving the scary train. In a couple of months we'll all be breathing easier and and the Dow will be on the mend.

I think he's on retainer from MSNBC, CNN, NBC, etc...

`On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 21:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Its Me

wrote:

[...]

Your lips to God's ear but if we are still flattening the curve in
June I am not sure how many people will survive. Unemployed people and
bankrupt businesses do not buy things. The government can't prop them
up with borrowed money (to cover their borrowed money) forever.

Oh By The Way
We may have added $5 or $10T to the debt (printing money out of thin
air) depending on how long we stay locked down.
In the mean time the Euros will be rolling off the presses too. One of
these days people will figure out that is devaluing our money and
eating our savings.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Another dire prediction? When, and if, this is all over, you will undoubtedly
win the prize for the most dire predictions!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I'm surprised he's not telling us to stock up on ammunition and canned goods.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Greg, just a thought:

China is America's biggest creditor by far.
Is China going to call the note?

And even if they did, what if the USA just said, "**** you"?

Is China going to turn it over to a collection agency? :-)

https://www.avg.com

Ford had their act together... John H[_2_] General 1 April 1st 11 09:05 PM
FORD wants me. Tim General 12 December 12th 06 12:38 PM
FORD wants me. dt General 0 December 11th 06 10:56 PM
Ford OMC John Brown General 7 September 12th 05 06:48 PM
Mr Ford? Al Boat Building 1 August 27th 03 12:48 AM