Default Way to go Ford/GE

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:18:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/2/2020 5:07 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 08:24:41 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/1/20 4:47 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/1/2020 4:43 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:46:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/1/2020 1:35 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2020 11:45:20 -0400,

wrote:

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 08:09:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

If the USA really clamps down on its reliance on Chinese
manufactured items (as it should) the Chinese economy
could be in for a free-fall.Â* If it does, there's no
turning back.Â* The Chinese Communist government opened
a Pandora's box about 30 years ago when they started
embracing their government controlled version of
capitalism and "free markets".Â* Once a significant
portion of their population start benefiting from
this, there's no way to close the Pandora's box
again.

===

It's important to remember that the western world has become more or
less addicted to buying cheap manufactured goods from China.Â* That is
a major reason why we have enjoyed low inflation for the last 30 years
or so.Â* China has become the low cost producer for just about
everything we consume and it will be extremely difficult to unwind
that without major disruptions to our economy and standard of living.
China has many millions of people willing to work at low wage factory
jobs and we do not.

China's form of government and culture makes it easier for them to
tell their people to suck it up and get back to work. I think they
still have a much worse Covid problem than they are willing to admit
but it is also easier for them to isolate the cases and protect the
factories. They also have a lot more control over the news. You don't
have anyone on TV there saying Xi is an incompetent fool or that their
situation is being mishandled. It is easier for the average coolie to
think all that can be done is being done.

There have been reports (true or not?) that leaks by people
within China indicates the real death toll there so far
exceeds 84,000.

Are we surprised. As I said when they declared the crisis was over.
they understand they have a business to run and they are going to get
back to work. What's a half a million dead people to them?
There are plenty more where they came from.
I do believe they are doing better at containing the infection but
guys walking around with AKs and clubs are far more effective than
people on TV saying "please stay home".

LOL

Until a couple of days ago, literally, the asswipe governors of Florida
and Texas exempted attending church from the "stay at home" advice.
After all, what could you contract in church other than superstition and
stupidity?

Most of the churches are doing their thing online. It is only the real
snake handlers and the commercially aggressive ones who want their
parishioners to show up and throw a buck in the plate. Government
orders wouldn't stop them anyway. Other than that the stay at home
order is pretty silly since there is nothing open to go do.

All things considered I don't think Desantis is doing that bad. I do
see his point that why should he pretend to lock down counties a New
Yorker couldn't point to on a map. Our problems are all in the dark
blue counties. The virus map looks like if you voted for Hillary, you
are going to get Corona.
I suspect it is just because those New Yorkers can't make up their
mind if they want to be here or there but they are swapping germs
along the way.

DeSantis needs to really clamp down on the social distancing rules
in Florida.

Our friends who just returned from the Bahamas on their sailboat
are at a Florida marina. She said there's a ball field next to
the marina and a bunch of people are there having a softball game.

Those who are monitoring and generating models, looking for
developing hot spots are warning that Florida is becoming
a bulls-eye.

I doubt Desantis can see that from Tallahassee. If Miami Dade is not
enforcing the rules he just put into place, it is a Miami problem.
You might not be able to keep Cubans and Domicans from playing ball
tho.
At a certain point they might have a riot. ;-)

On 4/3/2020 12:09 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:18:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:46:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Massachusetts Governor Baker announced today that the
Commonwealth is expected to see a surge in covid-19 cases
between April 10th and 20th.

The current model predicts anywhere between 47,000 and 172,000
confirmed cases in Massachusetts during the pandemic, which
amounts to anywhere between 0.7% and 2.5% of the population.
The current predicted death rate is around 1.5% of people infected.

Robert Kraft, the New England Patriots owner, sent the
Patriots plane to China and picked up a large shipment of
N-95 masks that will be distributed to hospitals and health
care facilities throughout the state.

Battelle Institute is working on a system to decontaminate
PPE and N95 masks so they can be reused.

More ICU beds are being set up. The plan here is to set up
"step down" facilities
As COVID-19 patients become stable, they will be moved out
of hospitals and into these facilities, to ensure that
ICU’s, hospitals and ventilators remain open for critical
patients. The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the
Joint Base Cape Cod, and the MassMutual Center have all been
discussed as possibilities for step-down facilities.

A mobile testing program has been established and is up and
running in the Commonwealth. The National Guard, DPH and the
Broad Institute is running the testing program.

Two weeks ago I heard that my grandson had been notified
that he was on "standby" status. Wednesday he
was notified that he was formally activated and to
report for transportation to where ever he's going
first thing Thursday morning. No idea where he's
heading but it sounds like it may be to one of the
mobile testing locations.

https://www.avg.com

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 01:39:24 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/3/2020 12:09 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:18:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:46:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

If the USA really clamps down on its reliance on Chinese
manufactured items (as it should) the Chinese economy
could be in for a free-fall.* If it does, there's no
turning back.* The Chinese Communist government opened
a Pandora's box about 30 years ago when they started
embracing their government controlled version of
capitalism and "free markets".* Once a significant
portion of their population start benefiting from
this, there's no way to close the Pandora's box
again.

===

It's important to remember that the western world has become more or
less addicted to buying cheap manufactured goods from China.* That is
a major reason why we have enjoyed low inflation for the last 30 years
or so.* China has become the low cost producer for just about

Best of luck to him.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 4/3/20 12:09 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:18:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:46:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Right, because there is a huge Berlin-like wall around Miami and no one
can get in and out. Listen up...it isn't a Miami-Dade problem, it isn't
a Florida problem...it is a national problem and it will require
national solutions, not your brainless SW Florida nimbyism.

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 08:58:59 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/3/20 12:09 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:18:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:46:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You are not making sense now. You started out criticizing Desantis for
not doing enough, now you are talking about the wall, that would
really be the only way you could lock down the city.

In effect this is actually a local problem. There are hot spots like
the "gold coast" and then we have whole counties with zero cases.
Those are the ones north easterners elitists like you wouldn't ever go
to. See a pattern there?
Why shouldn't a guy in Dixie county be able to get a haircut and a
beer ... as long as he never sees a New York or Broward tag.

Ford had their act together... John H[_2_] General 1 April 1st 11 09:05 PM
FORD wants me. Tim General 12 December 12th 06 12:38 PM
FORD wants me. dt General 0 December 11th 06 10:56 PM
Ford OMC John Brown General 7 September 12th 05 06:48 PM
Mr Ford? Al Boat Building 1 August 27th 03 12:48 AM