Default Way to go Ford/GE

While GM dragged their feet over contract issues, Ford in
partnership with GE Health got to work making ventilators.

Interesting concept.

After consultation with GE and with consideration to the
type of locations they will be used, they are going to
focus on a simple, proven design that is air powered
rather than by electricity. Reduces the complexity
and permits the ventilator to be used with a tank
of oxygen only.

Ford engineers visited GE and worked out some
manufacturing improvements that will allow GE
to also ramp up production.

Ford is setting up a manufacturing facility in
Michigan and expects to produce 50,000 ventilators
over the next 100 days.

Ford executive says it's the perfect combination of
company strengths and capabilities. GE has a
proven ventilator design and Ford has the expertise
in mass production.

Ford also said production rates will go up as required.

https://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite

[...]

Excellent! I wonder how their stock will do now?

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:36:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

I think our biggest problem will be what to do with a half of a
million ventilators in a year or so when this blows over. Maybe Oprah
can give them away on her show. I bet there will be a glut of n-95
masks on the market too. That is a good thing tho. I was paying at
least, a couple bucks each for them last year.

[...]

Good on 'em!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Do you really think that will be our biggest problem? You sound much like Harry
with that kind of crap. As Trump said, if we have extras, there are lots of
countries in need.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Where were you buying them. I get mine, Radnor, from the welding supply.
$15 for 20.

wrote:

[...]

Heh. Where some see a silver lining others see nothing but black
clouds. :-)

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I just hope to hell we have all those extras to worry about!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I am trying not to think about the global financial collapse. People
have been telling me for a month that I was crazy even suggesting it.

BTW when this is over, the excessive need will be gone. I think we are
going to flood the world with this stuff once they get tooled up to
make it and the government is printing money to get it out the door.

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 18:23:24 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

Home Depot/Lowes was selling the 3m paper N-95 in a 3 pack for about
$8-10. I still have a couple in the garage.

Ford had their act together... John H[_2_] General 1 April 1st 11 09:05 PM
FORD wants me. Tim General 12 December 12th 06 12:38 PM
FORD wants me. dt General 0 December 11th 06 10:56 PM
Ford OMC John Brown General 7 September 12th 05 06:48 PM
Mr Ford? Al Boat Building 1 August 27th 03 12:48 AM