Default General Motors

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 14:53:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
John H
The new Ford 150 looks like a super truck. My SIL got one through the company,
and he loves it.

Can’t afford to buy new but would love to have one

I may change my mind when I start seriously looking.

A new vehicle every 3-4 years is one unnecessary
luxury I still afford myself though.

I seem to be more like a 20 year cycle but I am not as rich as you
;-)

I keep thinking I should get rid of my 97 Honda but I can't think of
why. I am going to run it till it blows up, call AAA, have it towed,
take my tags and mail them the title. Right now we have three vehicles
in the driveway and only one driver. I really should get rid of
something. I need a truck, my wife won't ride an anything but the
Lincoln and I still like driving my Honda so I guess that is that.

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
John H
The new Ford 150 looks like a super truck. My SIL got one through the company,
and he loves it.

Can’t afford to buy new but would love to have one

I may change my mind when I start seriously looking.

A new vehicle every 3-4 years is one unnecessary
luxury I still afford myself though.

I seem to be more like a 20 year cycle but I am not as rich as you
;-)

I keep thinking I should get rid of my 97 Honda but I can't think of
why. I am going to run it till it blows up, call AAA, have it towed,
take my tags and mail them the title. Right now we have three vehicles
in the driveway and only one driver. I really should get rid of
something. I need a truck, my wife won't ride an anything but the
Lincoln and I still like driving my Honda so I guess that is that.

I keep thinking I want a car. Looking at old Mercedes diesels or something like
a Honda civic or crv. The only advantage it would have would be better mileage
than the truck. But then I think of the cost of the car, insurance, maintenance,
taxes, and gas, and realize it would probably take me about 47 years to break
even on the fuel cost savings. So, I still don't have the auto.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Sometimes you should do things simply because you feel like it or it
interests you. All in moderation, of course.

I had the last F-250 for almost 9 years but I also had a "kicker"
car just for running around town or simply because it interested
me. As a result, after almost 9 years the F-250 only had about
43K miles on it and when I traded it in the dealership was drooling
over getting it.

I used the F-250 mostly for what it was designed to do ... pulling
a trailer with the tractor on it, plowing snow in the winter and
hauling heavy stuff like landscaping bricks, etc. Only took it
for a long distance once (to South Carolina and back) and had
fun trying to average better than 15 miles per gallon. :-)

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

For a while I was using the truck mostly for pulling the trailer. But I find it
much more comfortable than my wife's Subaru, so we've started using it for
trailerless trips also. I try, on the interstate, to keep the mileage above 22,
without the trailer, and above 12 with the trailer. For the local stuff, I'll
use the motorcycle if the weather's decent.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The F-350 diesel I had previous to the F-250 gasser was purchased for
the same reason ... towing a fifth wheel RV. It delivered above 20
mpg in normal use ... assuming the 6.0L engine it had ran.

I had tried a GM 2500 diesel as well and it rode a lot softer than
the Ford. It was a nice truck but I went for the Ford in the end.
Should have researched the problems with that engine more.

Worst riding truck I had was a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500. Rode like
a brick but was otherwise a nice truck. The Fords ride better
but not as nice as the GM offerings.

I haven't tried a F-150 though. I've heard they ride like a
large car, being on a different suspension than the Superduty
Fords.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Before I bought my first pickup, a GMC, I test drove a Dodge. You're right, it
was the absolute worst riding vehicle I've been in, other than maybe an M-60
tank going cross-country. We didnt' go two miles, in town, and took it back to
the dealer with a 'no thanks'.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The Ram I had was really a super-heavy duty truck. I ended up giving it
to my nephew who had a construction business.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
John H
The new Ford 150 looks like a super truck. My SIL got one through the company,
and he loves it.

CanÂ’t afford to buy new but would love to have one

[...]

My buddy’s wife has degenerative bone disease. He had to get rid of his
Dodge and went to a
Chevy as she physically could not ride in the Dodge,

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The f150 is same as an expedition.

wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The older ones were built on the same chassis as the Town Car.

https://www.avg.com

The Expanding E85 Fleet of General Motors ellis gibb General 6 October 3rd 08 01:48 AM
E-Tec motors Bill Kiene General 3 May 30th 07 06:11 PM
two motors on one boat JJ General 22 April 17th 05 11:43 AM