Default General Motors

Apparently, after promising to
tool up to produce ventilators, GM started
demanding excessive up front money, jacking
the price per ventilator up and
producing less than was
originally promised.

Trump just punched back, invoking the
Defense Production Act to require General Motors
to produce the ventilators, like it or not.

That's it.

I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/27/20 6:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Apparently, after promising to
tool up to produce ventilators, GM started
demanding excessive up front money, jacking
the price per ventilator up and
producing less than was
originally promised.

Trump just punched back, invoking the
Defense Production Act to require General Motors
to produce the ventilators, like it or not.

That's it.

I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford.

We now lead the world in COVOID-19 cases, partly as a result of Trump's
zigzagging, lying, and stalling on coming up with real responses to the
virus. MAGA.

Hospital ventilators are not simple devices. If GM doesn't buy the
technology and dies and so forth, I wonder how quickly the auto company
can produce them in numbers.

On 3/27/2020 7:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/27/20 6:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Apparently, after promising to
tool up to produce ventilators, GM started
demanding excessive up front money, jacking
the price per ventilator up and
producing less than was
originally promised.

Trump just punched back, invoking the
Defense Production Act to require General Motors
to produce the ventilators, like it or not.

That's it.

I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford.

We now lead the world in COVOID-19 cases, partly as a result of Trump's
zigzagging, lying, and stalling on coming up with real responses to the
virus. MAGA.

Hospital ventilators are not simple devices. If GM doesn't buy the
technology and dies and so forth, I wonder how quickly the auto company
can produce them in numbers.

Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many?

First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from
scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order
the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material
with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM,
Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table
is manufacturing capacity.

Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this
case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to
extort and take advantage of a national crisis.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/27/20 7:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/27/2020 7:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/27/20 6:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Apparently, after promising to
tool up to produce ventilators, GM started
demanding excessive up front money, jacking
the price per ventilator up and
producing less than was
originally promised.

Trump just punched back, invoking the
Defense Production Act to require General Motors
to produce the ventilators, like it or not.

That's it.

I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford.

We now lead the world in COVOID-19 cases, partly as a result of
Trump's zigzagging, lying, and stalling on coming up with real

Hospital ventilators are not simple devices. If GM doesn't buy the
technology and dies and so forth, I wonder how quickly the auto
company can produce them in numbers.

Take a chill pill.Â* Or maybe you've already taken too many?

First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from
scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order
the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material
with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM,
Ford or Tesla.Â* What the auto manufacturers bring to the table
is manufacturing capacity.

Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this
case.Â* It was GM (big business, remember?)Â* who was trying to
extort and take advantage of a national crisis.

Extortion is the byword of Trump. Have we spent $100 million yet on his
golfing weekends?

It's going to take GM and anyone else some time...weeks, months? to
start producing reliable ventilators.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/27/20 7:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/27/2020 7:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/27/20 6:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: Apparently, after promising to tool up to produce ventilators, GM started demanding excessive up front money, jacking the price per ventilator up and producing less than was originally promised. Trump just punched back, invoking the Defense Production Act to require General Motors to produce the ventilators, like it or not. That's it. I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford. We now lead the world in COVOID-19 cases, partly as a result of Trump's zigzagging, lying, and stalling on coming up with real responses to the virus. MAGA. Hospital ventilators are not simple devices. If GM doesn't buy the technology and dies and so forth, I wonder how quickly the auto company can produce them in numbers. Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many? First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM, Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table is manufacturing capacity. Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to extort and take advantage of a national crisis. Extortion is the byword of Trump. Have we spent $100 million yet on his golfing weekends?It's going to take GM and anyone else some time...weeks, months? to start producing reliable ventilators.

Is your wife any good at recognizeing mental illness?
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite
Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many?

First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from
scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order
the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material
with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM,
Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table
is manufacturing capacity.

Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this
case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to
extort and take advantage of a national crisis. “

I’m surprised that someone like Toyota or Honda hasn’t already put them into production. Or the people who make CPAC machines for that matter

On 3/27/2020 7:26 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Maybe we'll need them. Hopefully we won't. But knowledge has been
gained about how to be prepared and there's talk that even if this
cycle of covid-19 dies down, it may be back again ... or something
like it.

You are treating this as if it's business as usual. It's not.
This is a national emergency the likes of which none of us have
seen in our life time.

Extraordinary measures are in order.

Two days ago the Dems were accusing
Trump of not fully invoking the Defense Act. He was
criticized of relying on
the promises of GM, Ford and Tesla. But now that GM is playing
games and he fully invokes the Defense Act, he's now being
criticized by the same people for doing it.

If there's anything
that can be used to dump on Trump you and your pals will take full
advantage of it.

It's a little disgusting under the circumstances.

https://www.avg.com

[...]

What does Fat Boy know about business and manufacturing? Why, he
can't even manage his own widdle life.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 3/27/2020 7:35 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many?

First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from
scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order
the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material
with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM,
Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table
is manufacturing capacity.

Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this
case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to
extort and take advantage of a national crisis. “

I’m surprised that someone like Toyota or Honda hasn’t already put them into production. Or the people who make CPAC machines for that matter

Toyota or Honda could probably do it but I am not sure they fall under
the Defense Production Act. Maybe the US plants do.

The key isn't a need to re-invent the wheel. The key
is manufacturing capacity and space to do it, something the auto
manufacturers have.

Issue here is that GM, Ford and Tesla offered without being
asked or directed to by invoking the act. GM apparently
reneged somewhat, lowering how many they could build
and upping the price.

Remains to be seen what Ford and Tesla does.

https://www.avg.com

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 3/27/2020 7:26 PM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/27/20 7:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/27/2020 7:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/27/20 6:19 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: Apparently, after promising to tool up to produce ventilators, GM started demanding excessive up front money, jacking the price per ventilator up and producing less than was originally promised. Trump just punched back, invoking the Defense Production Act to require General Motors to produce the ventilators, like it or not. That's it. I am trading my GM Canyon in on a Ford. We now lead the world in COVOID-19 cases, partly as a result of Trump's zigzagging, lying, and stalling on coming up with real responses to the virus. MAGA. Hospital ventilators are not simple devices. If GM doesn't buy the technology and dies and so forth, I wonder how quickly the auto company can produce them in numbers. Take a chill pill. Or maybe you've already taken too many? First of all, it's not like GM or Ford or Tesla has to start from scratch. The POTUS under the Defense Production Act can order the design drawings, manufacturing procedures, bills of material with sources from any current manufacturer to be given to GM, Ford or Tesla. What the auto manufacturers bring to the table is manufacturing capacity. Second, I am surprised to see you dumping on the Donald in this case. It was GM (big business, remember?) who was trying to extort and take advantage of a national crisis. Extortion is the byword of Trump. Have we spent $100 million yet on his golfing weekends? It's going to take GM and anyone else some time...weeks, months? to start producing reliable ventilators. Maybe we'll need them. Hopefully we won't. But knowledge has beengained about how to be prepared and there's talk that even if thiscycle of covid-19 dies down, it may be back again ... or somethinglike it.You are treating this as if it's business as usual. It's not.This is a national emergency the likes of which none of us haveseen in our life time.Extraordinary measures are in order.Two days ago the Dems were accusingTrump of not fully invoking the Defense Act. He wascriticized of relying onthe promises of GM, Ford and Tesla. But now that GM is playinggames and he fully invokes the Defense Act, he's now beingcriticized by the same people for doing it.If there's anythingthat can be used to dump on Trump you and your pals will take fulladvantage of it.It's a little disgusting under the circumstances.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

Fat Harry's brain was wired by liberal progressive union politics.
He is incapable of individual thought. Hate is what he was
taught. Hate is what he does. My little dog has more brain cells
than our fat boy from Mary-Land.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

The Expanding E85 Fleet of General Motors ellis gibb General 6 October 3rd 08 01:48 AM
E-Tec motors Bill Kiene General 3 May 30th 07 06:11 PM
two motors on one boat JJ General 22 April 17th 05 11:43 AM