John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default General Motors

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 23:22:36 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 14:53:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/28/2020 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
John H
The new Ford 150 looks like a super truck. My SIL got one through the company,
and he loves it.

Can’t afford to buy new but would love to have one

I may change my mind when I start seriously looking.

A new vehicle every 3-4 years is one unnecessary
luxury I still afford myself though.

I seem to be more like a 20 year cycle but I am not as rich as you
;-)

I keep thinking I should get rid of my 97 Honda but I can't think of
why. I am going to run it till it blows up, call AAA, have it towed,
take my tags and mail them the title. Right now we have three vehicles
in the driveway and only one driver. I really should get rid of
something. I need a truck, my wife won't ride an anything but the
Lincoln and I still like driving my Honda so I guess that is that.

I keep thinking I want a car. Looking at old Mercedes diesels or something like
a Honda civic or crv. The only advantage it would have would be better mileage
than the truck. But then I think of the cost of the car, insurance, maintenance,
taxes, and gas, and realize it would probably take me about 47 years to break
even on the fuel cost savings. So, I still don't have the auto.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!