Default Closing shop

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 22:29:42 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 00:13:04 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/16/2020 7:05 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:23:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

My daughter just texted me. Her husband (my son-in-law) is an
electrician and has work booked ahead for almost a year.

Problem now is he can't pull the necessary permits because
most of the town halls and their permit offices are all
closing because of this virus thing.

My neighbor is the event manager at an upscale DC restaurant (The Monocle). The
DC mayor just closed all the restaurants in town. Not good.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Same here. All restaurants closed for the next month at which time the
situation will be re-evaluated. Those that have traditionally offered
take-out can continue that but not if they hadn't offered it before.

Also, all schools, bars are closed, fitness centers limited to 25
people, theaters and any other public place that normally has large
numbers of people.

(probably will be reduced to 10 people or closed altogether).

One of the popular supermarkets up here just announced they will
open early starting this Thursday for seniors only from 6am to 7:30am

Gonna be interesting in how they enforce that. I can see fights
in the parking lot over toilet paper.

Just got the Safeway ad. TP even on sale. Limit 12 rolls. I ordered
my list for Store pickup. I guess so many are ordering on line, can
not,pick up until Thursday.

I have to take Pop to PT tomorrow so I will stop by Publix and see how
bad it really is. The only thing I wanted the other day that was sold
out was bread. I ended getting some fresh from the bakery. It was
actually a nice change from factory bread.

The only fresh meat in the counter yesterday afternoon was corned beef, turkey
patties, and ground chicken. The rest was gone. Didn't look at toilet paper. If
things get really bad, I'll just go poop in the Safeway toilet. Probably be a
long line!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/16/2020 8:07 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

My daughter just texted me. Her husband (my son-in-law) is an
electrician and has work booked ahead for almost a year.

Problem now is he can't pull the necessary permits because
most of the town halls and their permit offices are all
closing because of this virus thing.

I am supposed to,renew,my drivers license this month. I think it will be
expired before renewal.

Mrs. E"s license expired last month. She went to renew it and found out
that even to get a new "standard" license (not the
RealID type) she still needed to present a birth certificate to prove
she's a resident. Didn't know that. She's had a MA license for
54 years but *now* she has to prove she lives here.

So, she hunted for her birth certificate from 70 years ago.
She couldn't find it.

We contacted the city clerk in the town in which she was born
and ordered a certified copy. Took forever to get. Meanwhile, she was
driving occasionally with an expired license.

Finally got the certificate but now the RMV is closed due
to the coronavirus. Can't renew on-line because she has
to show the birth certificate.

Round and round we go.

I need the real ID stuff. Which I have, passport works, But have to take
the written (computer) test tho.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Probably no TP. One guy I know of lives in New Mexico. Works at the
county gun range 2 days a week. They were teaching a CCW class and 15
minutes after they opened, the women’s bathroom had the tP stolen.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

The 7 Bay Area counties have official shelter-in-place rulings.

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 03:11:59 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/16/2020 8:07 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

They should be OK with a passport and for some strange reason, a
utility bill.

wrote:

On 3/16/2020 8:07 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

Her passport expired a few years ago.

It was confusing because initially the MA RMV website listed documents
required for the "RealId" type license but not for the renewal of
a "standard" license. You can do either.

Up until now all you had to do to renew
a standard license was to take an eye test and you got a new
license. You could also renew on-line if the eye test wasn't
required in the renewal schedule.

But now they require proof of residency for the standard license
as well, including birth certificate.

Anyway, she now has everything she needs to get the "RealId"
type except the RMV isn't open.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On 3/16/2020 8:07 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

A lot of DMVs are saying renewing your passport is easier than getting
a "Real ID" DL without one. I got mine back in about 10 days.

I am not quite sure why they can't give you the computer based tests
online and your eye doctor can give you a note that gets you past the
eye test. (very common here in Florida for old folks) At that point,
isn't it just the money they want? They could just take a check or
credit card for an online renewal.
DMV is just a tax scam anyway. Maybe it is time we admitted it.
Florida will renew your license by mail 2 or 3 times before you have
to show up. You used to get a sticker, now they just send you a copy
of your old license with the dates changed. They admit it is just
about the money.

Adorable Deplorable Wrote in message:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:23:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:My daughter just texted me. Her husband (my son-in-law) is anelectrician and has work booked ahead for almost a year.Problem now is he can't pull the necessary permits becausemost of the town halls and their permit offices are allclosing because of this virus thing.My neighbor is the event manager at an upscale DC restaurant (The Monocle). TheDC mayor just closed all the restaurants in town. Not good.--Freedom Isn't Free!

That's bad news for Fat Harry.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

My daughter is a physical therapist at a hospital in Savannah. Medical folks are
stealing the gloves out of patients' rooms. One of the workers was caught with
three boxes of gloves under her smock as she tried to sneak out the door.

Unreal.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:27:29 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:52:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

On 3/16/2020 8:07 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

I got mine at the local DMV with a wait of about an hour. That's why God
invented Kindalls.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

All my dealers are closing shop! FishWisher General 4 February 28th 09 07:09 PM
Closing Ceremonies......... JimH[_2_] General 0 August 25th 08 01:51 AM
Home shop 18 - Electronic shop patriberry Electronics 0 July 16th 08 01:00 PM
Always Be Closing! Capt. Rob ASA 0 April 19th 07 11:44 PM
And in closing.... Capt. Rob ASA 7 November 14th 05 01:16 PM