Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Closing shop

On 3/16/2020 7:05 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:23:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

My daughter just texted me. Her husband (my son-in-law) is an
electrician and has work booked ahead for almost a year.

Problem now is he can't pull the necessary permits because
most of the town halls and their permit offices are all
closing because of this virus thing.

My neighbor is the event manager at an upscale DC restaurant (The Monocle). The
DC mayor just closed all the restaurants in town. Not good.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Same here. All restaurants closed for the next month at which time the
situation will be re-evaluated. Those that have traditionally offered
take-out can continue that but not if they hadn't offered it before.

Also, all schools, bars are closed, fitness centers limited to 25
people, theaters and any other public place that normally has large
numbers of people.

(probably will be reduced to 10 people or closed altogether).

One of the popular supermarkets up here just announced they will
open early starting this Thursday for seniors only from 6am to 7:30am

Gonna be interesting in how they enforce that. I can see fights
in the parking lot over toilet paper.

https://www.avg.com