Default Coronavirus leathality

I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone say
that the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the
flu.

Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who said
it.

It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of the
federal team monitoring the virus during a hearing before
the House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'”

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate
of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay
ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

Certainly sounds ominous.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/11/20 6:33 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone say
that the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the
flu.

Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who said
it.

It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of the
federal team monitoring the virus during a hearing before
the House Oversight and Reform Comittee.* Dr. Fauci said,

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'”

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate
of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay
ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

Certainly sounds ominous.

To wit:

A Republican lawmaker’s attempt to downplay the threat posed by
coronavirus blew up in his face when a top government expert on
infectious diseases told him that the threat is very real.

During a House Oversight Committee hearing on the virus, Rep. Michael
Cloud (R-TX) tried to get Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to say that the
media was overhyping the dangers posed by the coronavirus.

“I’d like to spend some time trying to clear the record… as we try to
find the proper balance between creating a positive, proactive response
to real threats, as opposed to instigating overreaction,” he said, and
then asked him to compare how the coronavirus compared to other past
infectious disease outbreaks such as SARS and H1N1.

Fauci responded by saying that people should take the virus very
seriously and that it should not be confused with the seasonal flu.

“The seasonal flu has a mortality of 0.1 percent,” he said. “The stated
mortality, overall, of this… is about three percent.”

He then added some caveats about the mortality rate data but said the
bottom line was coronavirus was at least “ten times more lethal than the
seasonal flu.”

“But less lethal than N1H1 (sic)?” Cloud asked.

“The 2009 pandemic of H1N1 was even less lethal than the regular
seasonal flu,” Fauci said.

https://www.rawstory.com/?p=1600033#...UmRl4.facebook

On 3/11/2020 6:43 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

I have realized that the potential of this
virus is likely to be more than the normal "flu" for a while
as more information has become available. You don't have to be a Dr. or
Rocket Scientist to figure it out.

But, what can really be done about it? Testing only confirms if you
are infected or not. The idea of isolating people via quarantine
isn't working. All it takes is one person who doesn't even
know they carry the virus to infect many, many more people.

I suspect we are going to have to do the best we can to avoid getting
it but the reality is ... it's going to have to "run it's course".

Most healthy people won't get sick but some older folks may
be affected or even die from it.

As of this writing:

The USA currently has 1,283 (up from 1,100 earlier today)
people known to have it.

37 have died and 15 have fully recovered.

Half of the deaths occurred in one nursing home.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:33:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone say
that the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the
flu.

Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who said
it.

It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of the
federal team monitoring the virus during a hearing before
the House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'”

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate
of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay
ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

Certainly sounds ominous.

Old sick people should be cleaning up their affairs.
Short SW Florida housing if you have any money in it.
29% of Lee County is over 65 and most own their home.
I think there are going to be a lot of old houses on the market if
this is as bad as they say it is.

Or not ;-)

wrote:

I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone say
that the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the
flu.

Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who said
it.

It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of the
federal team monitoring the virus during a hearing before
the House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,

I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'

The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate
of 10 times that. Thats the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay
ahead of the game in preventing this, he added.

Certainly sounds ominous.

===

There's certainly good reason for concern, especially since the
mortality rate for senior citizens is over 10%. I suspect that a fair
number of us fall into that category. My maternal grandmother used to
tell stories about the so called Spanish flu which hit in 1918. People
were dying so fast that they couldn't keep up with the burials.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:43:27 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Ten times more lethal than .1% would be 1%. 3% would be 30 times more lethal than .1%. The good Dr.
needs to work on his math.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Adorable Deplorable Wrote in message:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:55:19 -0400, wrote:On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:33:53 -0400, "Mr. wrote:I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone saythat the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than theflu.Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who saidit.It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of thefederal team monitoring the virus during a hearing beforethe House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,+AJM-I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'+AJQ+AJM-The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That+AJI-s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,+AJQ he added.Certainly sounds ominous.===There's certainly good reason for concern, especially since themortality rate for senior citizens is over 10%. I suspect that a fairnumber of us fall into that category. My maternal grandmother used totell stories about the so called Spanish flu which hit in 1918. Peoplewere dying so fast that they couldn't keep up with the burials.My advice is to get out on a golf course.--Freedom Isn't Free!

And let the Canada geese bombard you with Corona virus? No way. If
your immune sysyem is compramised it's best to stay in the
cellar, like Fat Harry does, and take your chances with radon
gas.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 3/12/2020 8:39 AM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Drs. and Lawyers are not known for their expertise in math.

https://www.avg.com

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:45:57 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:55:19 -0400, wrote:On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:33:53 -0400, "Mr. wrote:I think Bill posted here that he had heard someone saythat the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than theflu.Bill said he had heard that but couldn't remember who saidit.It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head honcho of thefederal team monitoring the virus during a hearing beforethe House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,?I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'??The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That?s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,? he added.Certainly sounds ominous.===There's certainly good reason for concern, especially since themortality rate for senior citizens is over 10%. I suspect that a fairnumber of us fall

I will admit to walking in a lot of goose **** on the course.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!