Default Coronavirus outbreak at Biogen meeting in Boston

This is a little unsettling. Biogen is a huge international biotech
company. They held a meeting at the Marriott Long Wharf hotel last
week involving about 175 members of their senior management team,
including the chief executive, chief financial officer, and head of
research and development.

So far, five Massachusetts residents and three people from out of
state who attended the meeting have tested positive for Covid-19.
Additionally, an Indiana resident who was in Boston at the same time
has come down with the virus. Two of the people from the meeting who
tested positive are from Europe,

If nothing else this illustrates how incredibly contagious the virus
is, and how likely it is to become widespread in this country. No
doubt it will touch all of us in some way.

https://www.avg.com

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 10:54:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
This is a little unsettling. Biogen is a huge international biotech
company. They held a meeting at the Marriott Long Wharf hotel last
week involving about 175 members of their senior management team,
including the chief executive, chief financial officer, and head of
research and development.

So far, five Massachusetts residents and three people from out of
state who attended the meeting have tested positive for Covid-19.
Additionally, an Indiana resident who was in Boston at the same time
has come down with the virus. Two of the people from the meeting who
tested positive are from Europe,

If nothing else this illustrates how incredibly contagious the virus
is, and how likely it is to become widespread in this country. No
doubt it will touch all of us in some way.

We've had reservations next weekend at Chateau Elan resort in Braselton, GA for a couple of months now. My wife's sister and her husband and her parents (80+) were all going. Her parents backed out this morning because of the virus scare. We are still going.

When calling the resort to cancel their room, the guy shared that they have had a huge number of cancellations of rooms and corporate events. Sounds like we'll have the place to ourselves.

Meanwhile, my company has announced that we won't be attending the next two large expos that were planned, one a huge one in Vegas. This virus will have a huge ripple effect for quite a while.

Meanwhile I saw a post from a friend that the local Costco was out of toilet paper. Really?

Its Me wrote:
[...]

We were planning a Portugal, Spain trip this May, June. Dropped the
planning.

On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

Wife and I have separate meetings upcoming that require air travel, big
airports, big meetings, but so far nary a word on postponement.

If I contract Corona, I plan to attend as many Trump rallies as possible
and sneeze on everyone there.

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 2:11:45 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

I wish you a "big" case of coronavirus. At your age the odds are against you being able to get around to infect anyone but your cats.

Enjoy your germ infested trip.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

What a self centered terrorist.

On 3/7/20 3:48 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

According to your boy Trump, all is well, there is nothing to fear, and
it'll all disappear when the weather warms up.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/7/20 3:48 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

And that has what to do with your terrorism statement?

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 14:11:42 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/7/20 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Its Me wrote:
[...]

You will be in the hospital in isolation, trying not to join the 3.5%
club.

Florida Governor Keeps TB Outbreak Secret, Closes TB Hospital X ` Man[_3_] General 3 July 10th 12 03:07 AM
r_Hunt_19_HMS Active in Boston Harbor, 19 July 1773, The Boston Tea Party is five months in the future_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 October 14th 10 02:15 PM
Meeting H the K[_4_] General 12 November 26th 09 07:36 PM
HMS Active in Boston Harbor, 19 July 1773, The Boston Tea Party is five months in the future_Geoff Hunt, 1990_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 August 10th 09 01:45 AM
Scary Info. From a PhD. On Deadly Swine Flu Outbreak, IllegalMexican Aliens & Epidemics [email protected] General 10 April 27th 09 01:55 PM