Default Coronavirus leathality

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:43:58 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:36:27 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:10:33 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:03:07 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:45:57 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Adorable Deplorable Wrote in message:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:55:19 -0400,

wrote:On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:33:53 -0400, "Mr.
wrote:I think Bill posted here
that he had heard someone saythat the coronavirus is 10 times more
lethal than theflu.Bill said he had heard that but couldn't
remember who saidit.It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the
head honcho of thefederal team monitoring the virus during a hearing
beforethe House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,?I
mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does
that,'??The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a
mortality rate of 10 times that. That?s the reason I want to
emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,? he
added.Certainly sounds ominous.===There's certainly good reason
for concern, especially since themortality rate for senior citizens is
over 10%. I suspect that a fairnumber of us fall
into that category. My maternal grandmother used totell stories about
the so called Spanish flu which hit in 1918. Peoplewere dying so fast
that they couldn't keep up with the burials.My advice is to get out on a
golf course.--Freedom Isn't Free!

And let the Canada geese bombard you with Corona virus? No way. If
your immune sysyem is compramised it's best to stay in the
cellar, like Fat Harry does, and take your chances with radon
gas.

I will admit to walking in a lot of goose **** on the course.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Wouldn’t that be bombarded with Bird Flu?

We have a gaggle of 30 or so that winter on the golf course. There's a small lake on the course, so
the fairways around the lake get pretty well fertilized with goose ****. They don't do much flying,
other than coming in and leaving again. They've pretty much departed the area, so the fear of flying
bird flu **** is gone...for now.

Where I play it is Sandhill Cranes.

http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Sandhill%20Crane.jpg

I've read that as winters have warmed up, the cranes are wintering more
northwards. You may be seeing fewer of them.

https://www.aldoleopold.org/post/wha...-10000-cranes/

I am not sure the ones who find a nice home, like a golf course,
really migrate. I know the Canada Geese that lived at National Geo in
Gaithersburg stayed in that lake year round.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I thought they had an extra goose hunting season in parts of the northeast
for the non migration birds.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I think you're right, but the ones that visit us leave every spring. Maybe it's
a different group each time. They do look alike though!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 18:14:47 -0000 (UTC), Bill

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Don't know what happened to this, but I hope it got adopted. We need to get rid
of a lot of those pests.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...se-populations
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

WouldnÂ’t that be bombarded with Bird Flu?

[...]

Times get tough, a pellet gun will feed the family a lot of goose.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

It may have helped that the lake at National Geo was heated. It was
part of their energy system.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I am not sure you could kill a goose with a pellet gun. It wouldn't
penetrate the feathers on the body and a head shot would be tough if
they were walking around.

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Lots of powerful pellet guns these days. Close to a 22. And they stand
around enough to get head shots.

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I had one that was a single pump Crossman in .177 cal. It was rated at
1,200 to 1,400 FPS, depending on the type of pellets used.

When fired it was louder than the .22 cal Ruger 10/22 I had.

https://www.avg.com

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I think a .22 would be a better choice.
--