Default Coronavirus leathality

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 08:43:24 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 01:09:43 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 18:14:47 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:43:58 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:36:27 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:10:33 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:03:07 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:45:57 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Adorable Deplorable Wrote in message:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 00:55:19 -0400,

wrote:On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:33:53 -0400, "Mr.
wrote:I think Bill posted here
that he had heard someone saythat the coronavirus is 10 times more
lethal than theflu.Bill said he had heard that but couldn't
remember who saidit.It was said today by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the
head honcho of thefederal team monitoring the virus during a hearing
beforethe House Oversight and Reform Comittee. Dr. Fauci said,?I
mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does
that,'??The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a
mortality rate of 10 times that. That?s the reason I want to
emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,? he
added.Certainly sounds ominous.===There's certainly good reason
for concern, especially since themortality rate for senior citizens is
over 10%. I suspect that a fairnumber of us fall
into that category. My maternal grandmother used totell stories about
the so called Spanish flu which hit in 1918. Peoplewere dying so fast
that they couldn't keep up with the burials.My advice is to get out on a
golf course.--Freedom Isn't Free!

And let the Canada geese bombard you with Corona virus? No way. If
your immune sysyem is compramised it's best to stay in the
cellar, like Fat Harry does, and take your chances with radon
gas.

I will admit to walking in a lot of goose **** on the course.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Wouldn?t that be bombarded with Bird Flu?

We have a gaggle of 30 or so that winter on the golf course. There's a
small lake on the course, so
the fairways around the lake get pretty well fertilized with goose
****. They don't do much flying,
other than coming in and leaving again. They've pretty much departed
the area, so the fear of flying
bird flu **** is gone...for now.

Where I play it is Sandhill Cranes.

http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Sandhill%20Crane.jpg

I've read that as winters have warmed up, the cranes are wintering more
northwards. You may be seeing fewer of them.

https://www.aldoleopold.org/post/wha...-10000-cranes/

I am not sure the ones who find a nice home, like a golf course,
really migrate. I know the Canada Geese that lived at National Geo in
Gaithersburg stayed in that lake year round.

I thought they had an extra goose hunting season in parts of the northeast
for the non migration birds.

Don't know what happened to this, but I hope it got adopted. We need to get rid
of a lot of those pests.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...se-populations
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Times get tough, a pellet gun will feed the family a lot of goose.

I think a .22 would be a better choice.

You need Harry's suppressor so you don't disturb the other golfers.

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 02:26:17 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I am not sure you could kill a goose with a pellet gun. It wouldn't
penetrate the feathers on the body and a head shot would be tough if
they were walking around.

Lots of powerful pellet guns these days. Close to a 22. And they stand
around enough to get head shots.

Well, now that you mention it! Besides, most of the *******s will let you get
pretty close to them before walking away.

I always thought I could catch one of the National Geo geese with my
bare hands. People fed them all the time and if you looked like you
had a handful of dry corn or something they would try to take it out
of your hand. I just thought it was a lot of work cleaning and
plucking for a greasy goose. It might be good in the Treager tho. ;-)

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Golf ball missile?

I think that shot needs a hooded 5 wood from about 4-5 feet away. You
should be able to get him right in the chest.

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:46:02 -0400,
wrote:

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I keep a 7-iron handy when walking by the *******s. Ganders can sometimes get
upset with folks bothering them.
--

===

I kind of remember an incident in the past where a golfer faced
criminal charges for whacking a goose on a golf course.

After a quick search of Google news, it looks like there have been
several criminal goose incidents with golfers although not the one I
sort of remember from the distant past:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4577622/sick-golfer-beheads-goose-golf-club/

https://www.golf.com/extra-spin/german-man-convicted-killing-goose-hawaii-golf-course

https://globalnews.ca/news/5463908/alberta-golf-course-dead-geese/

That is why you want to hit them with the ball. Just be sure to hollar
"fore" ;-)

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

The wild geese are not greasy. May even need a larding needle, or moist
cook. Breast actually do a good chicken fried steak method.

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

While in Germany I bought a goose to fix for Christmas dinner. Geese are popular
in Germany around Christmas. I smoked it on a Brinkman I had out on the balcony.
Smoked the ******* for about 10 hours. It was beautiful.

Then we sat down to eat. My daughter, 12 years old, took a bite and spit it out
into her plate. That ****ed me off, so I sent her to her room until she could
come back and display some manners.

Then I took a bite. Took about two chews and spit it out. Horrible stuff. Don't
ever smoke a goose! All that fat just stays there. Atrocious ****!

So I humbly called my daughter back, apologized profusely, and ended up fixing
hamburgers for Christmas dinner.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 21:01:26 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I'd try one roasted, but not smoked. Chicken fried sounds like a pretty good way
to do it.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Funny you should mention a 5-wood. I bought one of those and a 7-wood from Ebay.
Paid about $40 each. They have become my favorite clubs.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 15:23:50 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, I wouldn't whack one unless I was being attacked. Gosh, I'm no goose
murderer!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Animal rights people are out of control. Like when they wanted to
prosecute the baseball player who killed a seagull who flew in to his relay
to 3rd base. I think that was in Toronto.

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/dave-win...gull-1.5230144

A friend living on one of the higher traffic roads in the area witnessed a car
hit a deer. The deer was wounded to the extent it could not stand. My friend, a
hunter in the past, slit the deer's throat so it would quickly die.

This was observed by a neighbor across the street from him who called the cops.
The neighbor made a cruelty to animals complaint, and my friend had to go to
court. The judge, apparently with a decent head on his shoulder, threw the case
out. It still cost my friend some bucks and time.

Unreal.

Back in the 70s, Washingtonian Magazine had a story about a 3d world
diplomat's wife seen dressing out a road kill deer on the GW parkway
one morning. In the days without cell phones she got away with it.

wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

I really don't buy many golf clubs but when they were tearing down the
cart barn at my wife's place they turned up a bunch of loose clubs. I
plucked out a pitching wedge, a 5 wood and a hybrid 6/8, whatever that
is. I did buy my $39 Dunlop driver at Sams and a 6 iron at Goodwill
for $5. They tossed in a putter. Evidently you can barely give away
golf clubs here. I see them at garage sales all the time for $20 a bag
full. I don't know enough about it to know if they are any good or
not.
I actually prefer playing with my eclectic assortment of clubs, some
older than me. It lowers expectations ;-)