Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old November 5th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,584
Default Nice trip!

Left last week for a jaunt to Morehead City, NC to visit a niece, then to Savannah to visit a
daughter, and then to Disney World to visit Epcot. Camped a couple nights in each area. All went
spectacularly, except the Epcot visit. What a waste. The weekend crowd for the Wine and Food Fest
consisted of thousands of 20 year-olds doing their best to get polluted. Although there were food
stands from many different countries, the crowds made each wait at least a half hour. We had taken a
friend from Holland who was impressed with some of the rides, but not the day as a whole. Oh, and
about a third of the area and rides was walled off for new construction. They'll never see me there
during a Wine and Food Fest again.

The towing went well, 2300 miles with no back-ups except just as we were getting back home.

  #2   Report Post  
Old November 5th 19, 08:08 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,030
Default Nice trip!

John H. wrote:
Left last week for a jaunt to Morehead City, NC to visit a niece, then to
Savannah to visit a
daughter, and then to Disney World to visit Epcot. Camped a couple nights
in each area. All went
spectacularly, except the Epcot visit. What a waste. The weekend crowd
for the Wine and Food Fest
consisted of thousands of 20 year-olds doing their best to get polluted.
Although there were food
stands from many different countries, the crowds made each wait at least
a half hour. We had taken a
friend from Holland who was impressed with some of the rides, but not the
day as a whole. Oh, and
about a third of the area and rides was walled off for new construction.
They'll never see me there
during a Wine and Food Fest again.

The towing went well, 2300 miles with no back-ups except just as we were
getting back home.


Only been to Epcot once. Did not impress. Maybe because I have been in a
lot of the places represented, so Epcot is a poor replacement.

  #3   Report Post  
Old November 5th 19, 09:44 PM posted to rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,574
Default Nice trip!

Bill
- show quoted text -
Only been to Epcot once. Did not impress. Maybe because I have been in a
lot of the places represented, so Epcot is a poor replacement.
—-

EPCOT

EVERY PERSON COMES OUT TIRED..,
  #4   Report Post  
Old November 5th 19, 10:47 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 33,554
Default Nice trip!

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:08:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
Left last week for a jaunt to Morehead City, NC to visit a niece, then to
Savannah to visit a
daughter, and then to Disney World to visit Epcot. Camped a couple nights
in each area. All went
spectacularly, except the Epcot visit. What a waste. The weekend crowd
for the Wine and Food Fest
consisted of thousands of 20 year-olds doing their best to get polluted.
Although there were food
stands from many different countries, the crowds made each wait at least
a half hour. We had taken a
friend from Holland who was impressed with some of the rides, but not the
day as a whole. Oh, and
about a third of the area and rides was walled off for new construction.
They'll never see me there
during a Wine and Food Fest again.

The towing went well, 2300 miles with no back-ups except just as we were
getting back home.


Only been to Epcot once. Did not impress. Maybe because I have been in a
lot of the places represented, so Epcot is a poor replacement.


Epcot was listed as the most disappointing tourist trap in Florida the
other day. The only way I have been there was on a 3 day all park
pass. I wouldn't just buy a ticket for that. The last time we were
staying at the Veteran's hotel (Shades of Green) and the monorail was
across the street so it was easy to ride over for a quick walk around
the loop. Nothing seemed to have changed.
  #5   Report Post  
Old November 6th 19, 01:08 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,584
Default Nice trip!

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:44:47 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Bill
- show quoted text -
Only been to Epcot once. Did not impress. Maybe because I have been in a
lot of the places represented, so Epcot is a poor replacement.
-

EPCOT

EVERY PERSON COMES OUT TIRED..,


That is very true.


  #6   Report Post  
Old November 6th 19, 01:09 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,584
Default Nice trip!

On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 16:47:38 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:08:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
Left last week for a jaunt to Morehead City, NC to visit a niece, then to
Savannah to visit a
daughter, and then to Disney World to visit Epcot. Camped a couple nights
in each area. All went
spectacularly, except the Epcot visit. What a waste. The weekend crowd
for the Wine and Food Fest
consisted of thousands of 20 year-olds doing their best to get polluted.
Although there were food
stands from many different countries, the crowds made each wait at least
a half hour. We had taken a
friend from Holland who was impressed with some of the rides, but not the
day as a whole. Oh, and
about a third of the area and rides was walled off for new construction.
They'll never see me there
during a Wine and Food Fest again.

The towing went well, 2300 miles with no back-ups except just as we were
getting back home.


Only been to Epcot once. Did not impress. Maybe because I have been in a
lot of the places represented, so Epcot is a poor replacement.


Epcot was listed as the most disappointing tourist trap in Florida the
other day. The only way I have been there was on a 3 day all park
pass. I wouldn't just buy a ticket for that. The last time we were
staying at the Veteran's hotel (Shades of Green) and the monorail was
across the street so it was easy to ride over for a quick walk around
the loop. Nothing seemed to have changed.


I would agree with the current listing, although in the past I've really enjoyed Epcot.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nice Docking in Nice, France Tim General 5 September 23rd 15 08:50 PM
Nice trip! Larry[_25_] General 14 July 17th 10 02:06 AM
nice canoe trip Frogwatch General 2 September 29th 09 01:29 PM
nice sea trip? P.T.Goedhart General 3 December 15th 06 12:07 AM
Back from a nice trip. Netsock General 10 September 6th 05 06:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017