Gould 0738

Default Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

I have expressed my opinion, and mentioned some actual experiences that cuase
me to distrust the results of satisfaction surveys. We have examined statements
directly from JD Powers stating that they charge a fee to mfgrs to get the
survey information. We have examined a statement directly from JD Powers that
says the "winner has the option" to pay JD Powers a ton of dough to use the JD
Powers name in advertising.

If you're looking for the silver bullet- a statement from JD Powers that says,
"Since we can sell the right to use our name for some pretty big dough, it
makes sense for our winners to be predisposed to
making such a purchase. We know which companies are willing to make that sort
of investment in their marketing based upon our existing business
relationships......" I can't furnish one, for obvious reasons.

If you're looking for a silver bullet from a manufacturer who publicly admits
lobbying for certain questions to be included or ommitted from a survey, once
again I don't have one. Who would say, "Yeah, we came out #1, but that was
because we managed to avoid very many satisfaction questions that dealt with
this subject or that...we really did stink in those areas last year."?

Glad to see you're so demanding in your burden of proof. I can only assume that
in your desire to avoid being the biggest hypocrite in sight, you'll restrict
your own opinions and conclusions to the same standard. "Unless its admitted by
the party accused, it can't be true." That's a pretty tight standard. It will
let the wind out of some of the personal comments you cannot seem to avoid
making when you
do whatever it is you're doing that is your version of a reasonable debate.

Why not use your usual screen name?
Ashamed?

Spam Me Please

You must not have had any experience in the real world, the winner of the
bogus survey would not be yelling, it would be the loser. No manufacturer
has ever accused JD Powers of using biased surveys. All we have is a
disgruntled used car salesman with an opinion.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Gould 0738

You must not have had any experience in the real world, the winner of the
bogus survey would not be yelling, it would be the loser.

And by your standards, if the loser yelled you would dismiss it as "unproven"
without a direct admission from Powers or the winner.

No manufacturer
has ever accused JD Powers of using biased surveys.

Manufacturer. Key word. No manufacturer has dared to publicly accuse JD Powers
of accepting suggestions regarding the nature and content of the questions.
(Which is all I ever said was done)

All we have is a
disgruntled used car salesman with an opinion.

And an anonymous handle long ago out of ammunition and reduced to throwing
turds.

Spam Me Please

Gould, your logic is: a survey can be biased, JD Powers is in business to
make money, hence they are biasing the survey to allow the person who will
pay the most to win. That is a strong stand without any proof or even a
copy of a survey showing bias. You stated all you have to do is look at
Cobalt's survey to see the bias, when I asked you for a copy of the survey,
you admitted you did not have one.

It would not only be a manufacture, it would be competing survey companies,
including CR who would be screaming foul. Without a survey showing bias,
all you have is a totally unfounded "feeling". I am repulsed when anyone
slanders someone else without any facts. You have gotten so used to using
that logic in your political discussions that you think it is an acceptable
debate tactic.

It sounds just like the tabloids accusing Jon Benet Ramsey's parents of
murder without any facts.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
You must not have had any experience in the real world, the winner of the
bogus survey would not be yelling, it would be the loser.

And by your standards, if the loser yelled you would dismiss it as

"unproven"
without a direct admission from Powers or the winner.

No manufacturer
has ever accused JD Powers of using biased surveys.

Manufacturer. Key word. No manufacturer has dared to publicly accuse JD

Powers
of accepting suggestions regarding the nature and content of the

questions.
(Which is all I ever said was done)

All we have is a
disgruntled used car salesman with an opinion.

And an anonymous handle long ago out of ammunition and reduced to throwing
turds.

Spam Me Please

Heck, when you hear from others (with experience in designing survey's) and
who have actually completed the survey, who agree JD Powers survey's are not
biased, your response is that they are biased in their opinion.

I guess you are the one person whose opinion matters.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
You must not have had any experience in the real world, the winner of the
bogus survey would not be yelling, it would be the loser.

And by your standards, if the loser yelled you would dismiss it as

"unproven"
without a direct admission from Powers or the winner.

No manufacturer
has ever accused JD Powers of using biased surveys.

Manufacturer. Key word. No manufacturer has dared to publicly accuse JD

Powers
of accepting suggestions regarding the nature and content of the

questions.
(Which is all I ever said was done)

All we have is a
disgruntled used car salesman with an opinion.

And an anonymous handle long ago out of ammunition and reduced to throwing
turds.

Charles

Gould 0738 wrote:

And an anonymous handle long ago out of ammunition and reduced to throwing
turds.

Suppose my handle was not anonymous and I threw turds, would that be OK?

-- Charlie

Spam Me Please

I think I just won this argument. ; )

At least according to Gould I have.

"Charles" wrote in message

Gould 0738 wrote:

And an anonymous handle long ago out of ammunition and reduced to

throwing
turds.

Suppose my handle was not anonymous and I threw turds, would that be OK?

-- Charlie

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Gould 0738

Suppose my handle was not anonymous and I threw turds, would that be OK?

-- Charlie

It would be slightly less offensive than a guy (gal?) hiding behind a cloak of
anonymity and launching personal insults.

If you want to say something about another poster, say it to his or her face,
IMO. Skulking around with no identity and posting insults is doubly low. Almost
as close to the bottom of the barrel as posting nonstop insults at a NG member
and then
"filtering" that person's responses- (that's a little girlie trick if ever
there was).
Gould 0738

I think I just won this argument. ; )

At least according to Gould I have.

No, Spankme, it's the *first* person to reduce the level opf debate to personal
attacks.
Spam Me Please

So as long as someone keeps repeating the same lie over and over again, but
they do not mention the intelligence level of their opponent then they will
win. Kewl.

What if I calmly mention that I think you are Hitler's stepchild?