Default On tap for tonight

Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

John H. wrote:
Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

I might go fishing for Mahi-mahi later this week if the weather clears up
here in Kona. Heavy rains and huge winds yesterday.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:15:18 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

I might go fishing for Mahi-mahi later this week if the weather clears up
here in Kona. Heavy rains and huge winds yesterday.

This is the first time I've ever seen fresh mahi-mahi at Costco. Do you have any tricks for
preparing it?
Tim Tim is offline

John H
This is the first time I've ever seen fresh mahi-mahi at Costco. Do you have any tricks for
preparing it?

We don’t have that luxury here. We do have farm raised salmon though.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:50:43 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

I always thought all that spice was just to brighten up mediocre fish.
Fresh Mahi seems just fine to me seared on the grill. It is crunchy on
the outside and the juice squirts out when you cut into it. Just don't
overcook it.
I save that cajun stuff for frozen Cod or EEEK, that septic tank grown
Tilapia. Actually we can catch Tilapia out of the pond right here in
the neighborhood. They got loose here in Florida and they are turning
up everywhere.

wrote:

Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

I always thought all that spice was just to brighten up mediocre fish.
Fresh Mahi seems just fine to me seared on the grill. It is crunchy on
the outside and the juice squirts out when you cut into it. Just don't
overcook it.
I save that cajun stuff for frozen Cod or EEEK, that septic tank grown
Tilapia. Actually we can catch Tilapia out of the pond right here in
the neighborhood. They got loose here in Florida and they are turning
up everywhere.

===

Yes, even the drainage ditches along 41.

I agree with you on preparing Mahi, no heavy seasoning required.

---
https://www.avg.com

wrote:

Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

I always thought all that spice was just to brighten up mediocre fish.
Fresh Mahi seems just fine to me seared on the grill. It is crunchy on
the outside and the juice squirts out when you cut into it. Just don't
overcook it.
I save that cajun stuff for frozen Cod or EEEK, that septic tank grown
Tilapia. Actually we can catch Tilapia out of the pond right here in
the neighborhood. They got loose here in Florida and they are turning
up everywhere.

===

Yes, even the drainage ditches along 41.

I agree with you on preparing Mahi, no heavy seasoning required.

---
https://www.avg.com

What, if anything, do you put on it. How do you fix it, baked, broiled, grilled, fried, or what?

The John flushes his head...

"What, if anything, do you put on it. How do you fix it, baked, broiled, grilled, fried, or what?"

Hell Johnny. Dig out your collection of cookbooks.
I heard you have more than Ditzy has guns.

wrote:

[...]

It can be very good with any of those choices. Lightly breaded and
fried is probably my favorite however.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 12:50:44 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
Blackened mahi mahi. Costco had fresh mahi mahi on sale.

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/...ned-mahi-mahi/

Over in Hawaii, we saw some of those swim past our tour catamaran. Those are one fast fish!