Default Happy Birthday Tim!

wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:25:40 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/29/18 10:35 PM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 6:38:07 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to DennyÂ’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

Free dinner! Happy birthday.

And it was!. pretty light though. two eggs a couple pancakes and a
couple pieces of bacon. that;s it. But, i did order a side of hash
browns and sourdough toast though....

Used to like Denny's, but the one nearest us took a slide downhill. Now,
we go to Bob Evans or, if up in Annapolis, iHop. Our favorite breakfast
restaurant, though, is Waffle House, for the food *and* entertainment.
Sadly, there's none around here so we only stop at one while "on the
road." Road food, up and down I-95, is, for the most part, dreadful.

I still have fond memories from 50+ years ago, of a place in Kansas City
where you could get steak, eggs, fries, coffee, for 99 cents, and it was
open 24-7. I got off work at the paper at 1 am weeknights and Sundays
and if I was hungry, the answer was Nichols Lunch. It closed about a
decade ago.

Different times 50+ years ago. Took my wife to PaoliÂ’s French restaurant
in San Francisco when we were dating. $21 for dinner. Two racks of lamb
and a bottle of nice wine. We still comment on that dinner.

===

Yes but in those days $20K was considered a decent salary, probably
comparable to $200K today.

---
https://www.avg.com

Maybe not that much, but a hell of a big salary. 1968, year I got married,
i made $18.5k. Average family income was about $14k or a little less, and
this was in the San Francisco Bay Area. My 1964 Corvette coupe Fuel
Injection was originally $5200, I bought for $2900 to build a race car for
SCCA in 1966.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:18:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny?s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

[...]

Different times 50+ years ago. Took my wife to Paoli?s French restaurant
in San Francisco when we were dating. $21 for dinner. Two racks of lamb
and a bottle of nice wine. We still comment on that dinner.

===

Yes but in those days $20K was considered a decent salary, probably
comparable to $200K today.

---
https://www.avg.com

Maybe not that much, but a hell of a big salary. 1968, year I got married,
i made $18.5k. Average family income was about $14k or a little less, and
this was in the San Francisco Bay Area. My 1964 Corvette coupe Fuel
Injection was originally $5200, I bought for $2900 to build a race car for
SCCA in 1966.

Yikes. I just looked it up and I made $7724.65 in 1968. I didn't make
$18k until 74

Happy Birthday to... Harryk General 3 July 18th 11 07:19 PM
Happy Birthday..................................... NotNow[_2_] General 8 July 11th 09 06:07 AM
Happy Birthday!!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 4 November 11th 08 12:24 AM
Happy birthday to you...... [email protected] General 2 June 24th 05 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday JG ASA 7 January 17th 05 06:53 PM