Default Grinder and a Tula bullet

Here you go.
Yes I could get some sparks using a grinder but no I was not able to
even singe a paper shop towel. It was nowhere even close to burning.
The dark smudge is lead.
I understand "My range My rules" and I wouldn't have it any other way,
even to the point of offending Harry.
If you could have a friendly conversation I would suggest a test. Get
a handful of miscellaneous pulled bullets, some BiMetal, some gilding
metal. Start dropping them on the concrete and challenge the guy to
tell you which ones sparked. I bet he won't beat the statistic
probability.

On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 06:18:50 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 15:46:46 -0400, wrote:

Here you go.
Yes I could get some sparks using a grinder but no I was not able to
even singe a paper shop towel. It was nowhere even close to burning.
The dark smudge is lead.
I understand "My range My rules" and I wouldn't have it any other way,
even to the point of offending Harry.
If you could have a friendly conversation I would suggest a test. Get
a handful of miscellaneous pulled bullets, some BiMetal, some gilding
metal. Start dropping them on the concrete and challenge the guy to
tell you which ones sparked. I bet he won't beat the statistic
probability.

You should call Sharpshooters and tell them they're full of ****. Would be a big help if they
changed their policy. And call the local NRA range also. They disallow steel core ammo.

After what I sa with my grinder, I don't blame them but I still think
the real reason is backstop damage. I sent them an Email. Let's see
what they say. Poking around on the web site I also saw the banned
rifles. The 30-06 just seems to be a guideline. They get more specific
about calibers and muzzle velocities later on down. That is most
certainly based on what they think they can stop without backstop
damage.
I really only chipped mine with 2 things, a 44mag out of a carbine
(pistol was OK) and a particularly hot .357 round I worked up (125 gr
Super Vel bullet going 1725 FPS on my chronograph). I never really
shot a rifle round in there tho. I am not sure I would want to. The
..44 was oppressive enough, actually worse than a 12 ga.

wrote:

[...]

I believe the MSAR range near Andrews allows any caliber rifle on its
50-yard indoor range. It says this about ammo:

No Steel Core, Incendiary, Tracer, Exploding or Tipped Ammunition
of any kind is permitted on the premises. If you are found in possession
with any of the ammunition listed above, you will be fined a minimum
repair fee of $20.00!

Biting the bullet...literally. F*O*A*D General 32 April 19th 14 01:50 PM
Dodged a bullet... Don White General 35 December 14th 08 03:14 AM
I finally bit the bullet... Short Wave Sportfishing General 49 September 15th 07 03:28 PM
Prop "bullet" question, please help?? snownut 670 General 1 July 20th 04 04:44 PM
bullet hole Keith Nuttle Boat Building 6 May 30th 04 09:45 PM