Default Grinder and a Tula bullet

On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 06:18:50 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 15:46:46 -0400, wrote:

Here you go.
Yes I could get some sparks using a grinder but no I was not able to
even singe a paper shop towel. It was nowhere even close to burning.
The dark smudge is lead.
I understand "My range My rules" and I wouldn't have it any other way,
even to the point of offending Harry.
If you could have a friendly conversation I would suggest a test. Get
a handful of miscellaneous pulled bullets, some BiMetal, some gilding
metal. Start dropping them on the concrete and challenge the guy to
tell you which ones sparked. I bet he won't beat the statistic
probability.

You should call Sharpshooters and tell them they're full of ****. Would be a big help if they
changed their policy. And call the local NRA range also. They disallow steel core ammo.

Like I said "my range, my rules". I still bet it has more to do with
backstop damage. Just looking at the shape of those sparks, that metal
is harder than I expected. There could also just be some prejudice
against Russia and China where most of this steel ammo comes from.